Andrew Bogut Announces Retirement…

Viewing 1 reply thread

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Hear it here straight from Bogues….

Been a great run, enjoy the “afterlife” as you call it, Bogues!!

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

My claim to fame with respect to Andrew Bogut was that I owned andrewbogut.com for a time, from the time that Majerus offered him which was just after his U19 team (Emus) had a good run in the FIBA World Cup competition with Bogut starring.   His blue collar background and work ethic really appealed to me so I set up a low-tech fan site with links to his highlights and games.   I got to know his grandmother very well.  She was the sweetest lady and Andrew’s biggest fan.  She’d email me after games and shared some memorabilia with me.  Unfortunately I lost touch with her a couple years after he went pro.    I think Andrew bought them and his parents a huge new house; his grandparents had been living in a rural area northwest of Melbourne, his parents in Melbourne.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

That is an incredible story. My friend and I would sit with Ken Bone’s mother when she would come to games at Portland State. I am certain that Bogut’s grandmother was sweet. However, Mrs. Bone was the sweetest.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Reminds me of the saying of the prophet Rulon T. Jeffs, “Keep sweet.”

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Andrew Bogut Announces Retirement…