Another big game loss

Viewing 6 reply threads
      3 4

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I’m getting tired of it. They’re going to come up here next year and f**king destroy whatever leftovers we can put on the field.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

We shall see. Utah will probably be in 100% rebuild mode next year. Maybe a new HC….we will see how Scalley will do. 

5 1

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

Scalley will not be the head coach next year. He may not be the DC next year either

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Sorry I haven’t been posting consistently lately. You may have forgot my style. My post is mostly trolling because he is being so end of the world. I really want to make him think how much worst it could truly be. 
          Honestly have no idea but this Offense will be very different next year. 
          I really feel bad for people who bought into the hype. 

uteloverofart
            Ute Fan
            @uteloverofart

it’s okay. i’ve been away a ton too. well, not really “away” just forgot about posting htings to be honest. I definitely didn’t buy the hype but who knows about next year???? anyway, welcome back and thanks

uteloverofart
        Ute Fan
        @uteloverofart

We shall see. Utah will probably be in 100% rebuild mode next year. Maybe a new HC….we will see how Scalley will do. 

My response…

uteloverofart
          Ute Fan
          @uteloverofart

Scalley will do more than anyone can expect him to do, at least that’s not what everyone is saying. But time will tell….

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

I’ve been making the case that we’ve been terrible in big games for years but the two Oregon and Ohio State games last year really bucked that trend. We showed up big time. But yes for every one of those there are 2 or 3 at this point where we just folded. Texas, NW, Washington, USC, Oregon. ANd these are good teams but most of the time when things are on the line and we’re on prime time TV. We have really wilted in most of our moments to shine and it sucks to stomach

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

End of game coaching in close games has been a blind spot for KW throughout his career.

MurrayUte
          Ute Fan
          @murrayute

Did Coach Whitt fumble the ball or throw the interception?  I don’t think he played a down. Why is he responsible for either?

RoboUte
            Ute Fan
            @hamplate

THe logical end of the road of this line of thinking is that the coach holds almost no responsibility at all for the performance of their team and that’s just a bad bad take, honestly.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

So much was on the line. This game had the potential of taking the next step as a program. Teams like Utah don’t get these opportunities often, and they’re even fewer when everything aligns (good coaching, good team), so this doesn’t feel like just one loss. Maybe I’m over reacting, I’m too sad and hurting.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

You’re not overracting it was legitmately historical-level bad. But at this point what can we do. Onto the next.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

There’s a thing about “big” games: they’re almost always against good to great teams.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

But shouldn’t that also be true for the other team?

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

This was a big game from a perception standpoint only, mainly because they’re Florida and play in the SEC. I think this Florida team  is above average but nowhere close to great. Frankly, I don’t remember the last time we beat a very good to great team.

6 1

Crazyforu
      Ute Fan
      @crazyforu

Not sure how long you have watched Itah football, I remember growing up Utah getting their asses kicked by BYU, and having zero shot at a Bowl game.

Utah is in the upper echelon of the PAC, which if you told me that would happen 30 years ago, I would have laughed at you. 

This era of Utah Football is damn good, if you don’t appreciate it, I don’t know what to tell you. 

3 3

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Did I say I didn’t appreciate it? I’m just tired of seeing them lose big games. Next year will be a vastly different team. I think this year’s was the really special one, and could even win out the rest of the season. We still won’t make the playoff. The Rose Bowl is again the ceiling. Could we win it? I doubt it.

uteloverofart
      Ute Fan
      @uteloverofart

Tired doens’t do it justice. We need to sleep!! Good night BOYS!! **shm**

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Another big game loss