Any insight on these recruits?

Viewing 3 reply threads

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

First, I just want to point out that I truly appreciate the Utah coaches prioritizing in-state guys. It may just be this year, but our top targets are the kids in our backyard. I remember thinking years ago that if Utah could keep the best kids in the state, look out college football.

I have my fingers crossed for Lander Barton. I don’t think we’ll be able to snag Carson Tabaracci nor Cody Hagen.

Tapuvae Amaama (Skyridge) He said that he grew up a Utah fan but we didn’t offer him. He’s camped at some blue-blood programs this summer but Utah hasn’t offered. Any idea why?

Tausili Akana (2023 Skyridge) This kid has almost every blue blood program coming after him. A man can dream right? The kid was embarrassing players as a Sophemore. Just unreal. It doesn’t look likely from my POV that we’ll get him.

Last one I am curious on is Dallas Vakalahi. Kid looks like the stereotypical DL from Utah that goes pro.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Don’t know why we wouldn’t be recruiting Tapuvae Amaama, his brother is a former Utah walkon and current recruiting assistant…

UtahMan17
      Ute Fan
      @utahman17

Utah has Tapuvae evaluated as a guard, and they only want tackles. They’ve known of him for years and kept close watch on him, but he just doesn’t fit what they’re looking for. Same reason they fell off George Maile.

Dresden_Stormblessed
        Ute Fan
        @dresden

Ouch. That stings. Do we only want tackles because we have enough guards that we know are stellar? Or do we want 5 tackle-sized lineman haha

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I think this class will be small. We need to understand, due to the COVID free year how we are going back to the usual scholarship limit. With the portal, we must allocate a number of spots to that source that will be resolved after the year. This numbers game will be a gift to USU and even Weber State as some athletes slide lower than would be the case without the free year.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think all classes going forward will be small. No sense taking an .85 rated player or lower (unless you think he’s a future star) when you can save that initial for a Pledger or Rising or Calvert transfer. 

Dresden_Stormblessed
          Ute Fan
          @dresden

Good point. We’ve scored some stars from the portal and that will most likely continue. The portal changed recruiting and we’re definitely on the receiving end of it.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Any insight on these recruits?