Anyone left who prefers Gary Anderson over Whittingham?

Viewing 12 reply threads

High Uintas
      Ute Fan
      @highuintas

After watching week one of The Drive, I came away with an elevated opinion of Kyle Whittingham but shocked at the way Gary Anderson runs Oregon State. Anderson’s wife giving candy bars to the players reminded me of my kid’s soccer team and the bit about “we’re given 12 games” or some other weird motivation just escaped me. I’m sure Gary has strengths in game planning and stuff we didn’t see but Kyle looks like the master motivator and Anderson looked like Dr. Phil.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by High Uintas.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Gary Anderson apologists are the same people who think Kendall Thompson can play Quarterback at a D1 level.

All of the facts are in front of them but they see it the way they want.

Badbadute
      Ute Fan
      @badbadute

I still love G.A, always will respect the hell out out him.

But yea, Whitt is the superior coach imho.

I don’t know many coaches that can do as much with as little as KW does, we all love the Utes for sure, but fact are The STate of Utah is a Damn hard sell to 18 year old athlete’s

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Badbadute.

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

Gary Andersen seemed very relaxed and in control. I’ve heard he can be quite the opposite. My wife cheered at Utah while he was there and she once saw him grab his son by the throat in front of a lot of people. She’s never liked him because of that. From what I hear he’s a pretty intense guy.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Maybe he’s better suited as an assistant coach.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

Hell no. Andersen couldn’t cut it at Wisconsin where the pressure to win is very high.

At Oregon State I think the overall expectation is quite lower. I mean, look at how many years Mike Reilly was at OSU and his typical seasons were mediocre to just “okay”.

Damage U
      Ute Fan
      @damageu

I believe that Kyle’s wife hands out candy bars as well or at least she used to.

Ex’dUte
      Ute Fan
      @exdute

As far as I know, the wife handing candy bars out to the players started at Utah during the Urban Meyer administration. I know that Shelly Meyer and the other wives of coaches (which included Whit’s and Andersen’s wives) would come by one night per week during the season and give the players candy bars in 2004. Funny how traditions like that get started and then branch out to other places.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the wife-bringing-treats deal is done at places like Missippi State and Texas — since both Dan Mullins and Charlie Strong are Urban Meyer disciples too.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

there’s only one dude i would want over kyle. that would be the urb monster

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

I love me some Whitt, but you would turn away Saban?

Anonymous
          Inactive

His price tag alone is reason enough

AZswayze
            Ute Fan
            @AZswayze

You don’t think he’d be worth it?

oc_ute
          Ute Fan
          @ocute

for sure. i was just giving my myopic version….. i’m sure there’s a handful of others i’d put on the list too.

bottom line is we have a very very good coach and the list of dudes that are better is a list of dudes that are untouchable.

radioUte
      Ute Fan
      @radioute

Gary Anderson runs a carbon copy of Utah’s program, which borrows just about everything from Urban Meyer, who got his from….

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

Granny Holtz!!! Are you telling me Granny Holtz has something to do with our program? Sthatsczz Unbelievsvable! Or maybe That’s and Earle Bruce thing?

Ute Fan
      @nkirkham

Big Fan of Gary Anderson. I’d love to have him back.
      That said, Whitt’s the man. Staying with Kyle, for sure.

Ute Fan
      @nkirkham

Besides — Gary Anderson hates Chris Hill more than Kalani Sitake & Kyle Whittingham. Don’t think he’s ever wandering back.

3UteDad
        @3utedad

Care to elaborate?

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

“Gary Anderson hates Chris Hill more than Kalani Sitake & Kyle Whittingham”

This is utter nonsense in both instances.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Ute Bc.
        • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Ute Bc.

Tomasina
      Ute Fan
      @tomasina

I didn’t realize anyone was advocating Anderson over Whit. He was a great DC for us, and I wished him well at Utah State and Wisconsin. I would not want him as a HC over Whit… and do not really wish him well at Oregon State.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Anyone left who prefers Gary Anderson over Whittingham?