As much as I dislike the tds, the game next year worries me

Viewing 12 reply threads

quagmire
      Ute Fan
      @quagmire

without the services of booker and TW. Add to that mangum having a whole season under his belt.

UGLI baby
      Ute Fan
      @uglibaby

cool story bro

Crimson Clover
      Ute Fan
      @crimsonclover

I agree. Add to that we lose all 3 starting linebackers (if I’m not mistaken) as well as Tevin Carter.

It could be a very close game.

Saguaro Ute
      Ute Fan
      @saguaroute

There is a lot football to be played between now and then and a lot of recruiting that is going to take place. Besides, it’s in Sack Lake City and we are in their heads. We own Bronco and with the MUSS and NEZ yelling them down I think we will be fine. I think the “Chase Hansen” “Joe Williams” show will be pretty good and we won’t be sad about the results that it brings. It can always be a close game but it can turn ugly for them in a hurry too. I’m a glass is half full kind of a guy so I will hope for another 54-10.

Mano
      Ute Fan
      @mano

I have plenty to worry about from the upcoming conference schedule this year, playing some indy p5 wannabe next year is not even on my radar.

UtahMan12
      Ute Fan
      @utahman12

We have been better for years now, nothing will change suddenly. We have had so much success over tds in the past decade I can’t think otherwise until proven wrong. We have simply developed a better team that is proven. We have nothing to be concerned about. I suspect there won’t be a lot of talk about tds come end of season.

Heike
      Ute Fan
      @heike

No need to worry about tds-p until next year, and then it will be more about avoiding injuries from playing those nut-punching, ankle-rolling, helmet-targeting, “on-the-edge”-playing douchewagons.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Heike.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t get this post. Utah plays Oregon on the road….Vernon Adams is being benched. You are worrying about an irrelevant game? Utah is playing for the PAC12 Championship for hells sake.

No offense to you personally but realign your priorities. That Utah Football facebook group had a post about Utah’s rankings. Yet the first comment I see is about how they are glad TDS lost. With 100 something likes….lets move on from TDS. Until they have a conference to hold them accountable I want nothing to do with them.
      Utah is playing the NIKE WHORE THIS WEEKEND! That is beyond amazing. I am more worried Hansen isn’t getting enough reps for Conference play next year because Utah needs to play well in the conference or end up like Colorado eventually.

EUte
        Ute Fan
        @eute

Everything I’ve seen tells me Adams will be starting on Saturday. Helfrich had even said he’d be available this past week against GSU if needed.

UtahMan12
        Ute Fan
        @utahman12

red star beehiveute

Crimson Clover
        Ute Fan
        @crimsonclover

This is one reason I liked the categories on uf.n. You can uncheck the category if discussing the zoo isn’t your cup of tea.

Personally, I don’t mind this discussion. I followed the zoo’s game against UCLA for two reasons: 1) we play UCLA this year, and 2) I wanted the zoo to lose as I’m sick of their hype. UCLA is highly ranked and they nearly knocked them off at the Rose Bowl.

For those that think TDS will be a cake walk next year (I’m not implying you personally think that), I hope you’re right. But looking ahead the game makes me a little nervous.

And yes, before anyone feels the need to remind me, I know we play Oregon this week. I’m a fan, all my attention doesn’t need to be focused on Oregon this week. I enjoy this sort of post because it adds to the variety of topics.

Go Utes! Beat the Ducks!

quagmire
          Ute Fan
          @quagmire

Thank you Clover, I couldn’t have said it any better myself. I’m sure you can walk and chew gum at the same time too!

Anonymous
            Inactive

Not trying to insult you I just don’t get looking ahead to worry about something like that. I worry about who will be the next President or ISIS. BYU is the last thing to worry me.

MundeeL
      Ute Fan
      @mundeel

Mangum has looked good, but remember they are two fluke away from being 0-3. If that were the case nobody here would be worried about them, and BYU fans would already be calling for Hoge or Detmer to be starting.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

I don’t usually like playing the “What if” game, but this is one of those “what if”s that should be noted.

BYU has had significant issues that have been overshadowed by exciting last-second finishes. How many yards are they giving up on the ground? How is their run game? Of course, this will all go away as they hit the creampuffs of their schedule and the fans will be back to talking about how great they are, but it doesn’t change the fact that BYU is feeling the hurt of their last few recruiting classes.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Really? Seriously? You’re gonna “worry” about a game that’s played next season? Maybe you should just focus on this season? A lot of football to be played and I’m sure the zoobs will be talking all off-season about how Tatum Mango will tear apart the Utes. You know like Jake Heaps, Nelson Riley, and Taysom Hill did… oh, wait!

UGLI baby
      Ute Fan
      @uglibaby

I’m guessing Quagmire is a coug fan and some of y’all took the bait.

quagmire
      Ute Fan
      @quagmire

wow tough crowd…i thought these boards are for sharing thoughts about utah football in general, not just about the next opponent. that’s for the players to worry about. but here’s to hoping that most of you are right and we’ll be head and shoulders above the zoobs, even with breaking in a new qb and rb.

damn i wish i didn’t have to miss the game for a wedding on saturday. i’m envious of all of you who can watch it.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

I see what you mean, but at the same time I think there is a BYU section for this reason. A lot of Ute fans are sensitive to anything BYU and feel we shouldn’t even mention them, as that increases their power and influence to global levels.

NorthEZUte
      Ute Fan
      @northezute

Not worried about TDS. Both teams lose guys but we are much deeper at key positions. They’ve played us tough at RES the last few games but I think we’ll be just fine.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football As much as I dislike the tds, the game next year worries me