ASU Game Comments

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Man where do I start? First, somehow the Utes find a way to win. We have won about every way a team could win this year, except a hail Mary…

First I give hats off to Wilson. I saw him doing some things last night that I’ve not really seen much of in the past. First, he checked down multiple receivers many times last night, rather than locking on just one. If the primary target wasn’t open, he went to the secondary, and even his 3rd option. That’s great to see.

Also, Wilson stepped up in the pocket and threw. This is something we haven’t seen him do much either. With all those ASU blitzers coming at him it takes some balls to hang in there like he did, and step up into the throw.

A few of his long throws were too long, but those were good choices except perhaps once, and they helped stretch the ASU defense a couple of millimeters.

It seems to me we’ve improved in the receivers and DB’s. Our DB’s are awesome and our receivers catch nearly every ball that comes within reach. They’re so sure-handed, not like last year.

As I mentioned in this post, I think ASU was stealing our signals. Why else would we have started to huddle, and then suddenly Booker blows up after?

And am I alone in thinking it is complete doucheness to keep running full out offensive plays with 5 seconds left in the game and down by 16 points? Is it possible to score 16 points with 5 seconds left in the game? That’s risking injury to your own players isn’t it. Then again I’m not a Gramm fan and think he’s a *(%*.

Speaking of being a *(%*, do you think ASU was faking injuries to stop the clock? Sure looked like it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The incorrect down or something that gave ASU a timeout was ridiculous in that final ASU drive.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yes there were several occasions where there was a flag against ASU which was waved off because of strange stuff like that. Lame.

EUte
      Ute Fan
      @eute

And am I alone in thinking it is complete doucheness to keep running full out offensive plays with 5 seconds left in the game and down by 16 points? Is it possible to score 16 points with 5 seconds left in the game? That’s risking injury to your own players isn’t it. Then again I’m not a Gramm fan and think he’s a *(%*

I have been saying for years that Graham is one of the biggest douches in the country. I loved seeing the bewildered look on his stupid face back in 2011 when we beat his Pitt squad, but last night was 1000x sweeter.

Jen
      Ute Fan
      @sojoute76

The whole stadium felt he was faking injuries. The one time, he popped right up and ran off the field like nothing was actually hurt. I guess he could have been cramping…

GiantUte
      Ute Fan
      @giantute

I swear that 2nd fake injury to Belage late in the 4th quarter cost the Utes about 30 seconds. I was seriously p**sed. The first Belage injury looked like he was cramping based on how the trainers appeared to be stretching out his calf. But then he jumped right up and ran off the field, no problem. The 2nd fake injury was pure BS.

YodaUte
      Ute Fan
      @yodaute

Did you notice how many times Bercovic sacked himself? I can think of at least three occasions where he saw the pressure coming, said “Oh snap!” and just dove to the ground. He didn’t even try to run away. He just dove for the ground and curled up in a fetal position.

Can’t say I blame him. Utah’s D-line is pretty nasty.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ASU Game Comments