Baylor play by play guy on ESPN700

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Baylor did not play well but Texas State is a good team.

The Oline was disjointed. The Oline has 4 new starters and is still learning.

The Dbacks played poorly. The defense was the biggest surprise to him. He thought they would play better on defense.

Robertson (new QB) looked good in the spring and he pushed the starter. He has had a lot of snaps in practice. Tall guy with a strong arm.

He thinks that Baylor will try to run and they need to be able to do it to be successful. They have two solid RBs.

Tight ends are prominent in the offense. They will play 4 tight ends. They have some big-play WRs.

The only returning starter in the secondary is injured and won’t play.

Randolph a key defensive player is also injured.

Everybody is excited about the Big 12’s aggressive expansion. He likes the commissioner. He hopes the Utah fans enjoy Waco.

The Big 12 does not have a lot of big cities. They have more college-town locations. The teams are the only game in town so they get a lot of support. Most teams in the conference sell out.

Rudy’s BBQ is a great location to eat. Georges restaurant is a great place to eat and drink.

Baylor has great respect for Utah and Whitt. Ludwig’s son is a GA at Baylor.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Houston, Phoenix, Orlando, Cincinatti, Denver, Tucson, Salt Lake… There are some bigger towns in the Big 12 going forward.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Yes, but he was referring to the old Big 12 schools. It is true that the new Big 12 have a number of big city schools like the ones you mentioned.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

Dallas-Fort Worth being the largest.

Ted Lasso
        Ute Fan
        @tedlasso

Don’t forget Provo 😉

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

“Try to run..”

Good luck.

2 3

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

He hopes the Utah fans enjoy Waco.

That’s a big ask.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I know nothing about Waco, but I don’t want to be the fanbase that trashes our conference’s towns. It makes us look like we think we are better than them.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

I know nothing about Waco

My point exactly…

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well Waco wouldn’t be my cup of tea. I don’t really miss living in the Salt Lake though. Miami would be about the last place I would want to live. It all comes down to preferences of course.
            I have always wanted to visit Miami and eat Cuban food.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Where do you live? Not Eagle Mountain? Miami’s not my cup of tea either. Left there over 30 years ago at the earliest opportunity and haven’t missed it one bit. It’s great for a week long visit but that’s about it.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

I like Eagle Mountain. I used to be dead set against living in Utah County. I think you can manage to live anywhere with enough cope. I pay taxes. I am quiet. The desert is close enough for me to get away.

If I had a retirement dream place to live it would be Coeur d’Alene or somewhere in Washington in the Columbia gorge area.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Can’t think of one city in the Big12 I wouldn’t rather visit than Pullman or Palo Alto. Won’t miss paying $100 just to park to go to a stadium that is 3/4 empty either.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

I think the original Big-12 sites are great sites for college football. Small towns, sure, but the population doubles in each on Saturdays in the fall, and there are few commuter students so they’re tailgating and attending games because that’s all there is to do on game day. The stadiums, even in Manhatten, KS, are nearly the same capacity as RES. Big-12 will lose the 80,000 and 100,000 seat stadiums of OU and Texas, respectively, though.

Baylor 45,140
      Kansas 47,233
      KSU: 50,000
      TCU 50,000
      OkState: 55,509
      ISU 61,500

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

Waco is a great place to visit. Leave whatever misconceptions you have behind, because it’s not just sage brush and cults.

There is some great food to be had. Besides my love for Rudy’s BBQ, you’ll want to checkout the Route 77 Food Park, Farmer’s Daughter, Milo All-Day (for the GF folk).

Taking your wife (or yourself) to Gaines’ Magnolia Market at the Silos will be a big win and encourage more road trips. The Dr. Pepper Meusem is a fond memory, but I hear it has gone down a tad in quality. I also recommend visiting the Branch Davidian compound site at least once if you visit. (There’s other message boards to discuss this part of US history further)

To me, Baylor is the B12’s Oregon-lite than TDS-lite.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Baylor play by play guy on ESPN700