Baylor

Viewing 6 reply threads

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

During the summer it felt like a lot of Utah fans thought we would split baylor and Florida due to scheduling them back to back. Now they have a backup qb and lost in a game they never led at home against something called Texas State.

We on the other hand had a big win last week with a bunch of our starters out and now we won’t have Bernard. It seems that a lot of people except Baylor fans have Utah winning this Saturday. Feels like we should win this. Do people who thought we would split these first two games still feel like this is the case?

3 5

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Wow, I didn’t realize that Utah had already won both games 🙂

I said I thought it would be a split. I will be very happy to be proven wrong and will have no problem saying so. I do think that the Thursday before the 2nd game is a little premature to call those of my ilk out though.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I think a lot of Utah fans who thought a split was likely were basing it on Baylor’s performance last year. I mean, they had TCU dead to rights and let them escape with their lives. I think that’s changed based on how Baylor looked against Texas State (who went 4-8 last year in the Sunbelt) and also due to the fact that Blake Shapen is out for a few weeks. Personally, I’d be disappointed if Utah didn’t win in Waco this weekend. I think we can win, and win easily, if we avoid turnovers and allow our defense to dictate the game.

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think Saturday is given..it just seems like a lot people nationally and locally have changed their tune on this game. I personally feel more and more nervous about Saturday. Still think Utah wins

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

I was way more nervous before playing the Gators than I am versus Baylor. Anything can happen but I find it hard to believe that some QB making his first-ever start, no matter how talented he is, is going to have his way with the Utah defense.

ALUF
          Ute Fan
          @dbgii77

Our lacking ability to win on the road against bowl teams is glaring too

ALUF
            Ute Fan
            @dbgii77

Looking back at true road games stretching back to 2018, we are 3-7 against bowl teams in the last 10. At byu in 19, at Uw in 19 and at wsu last year.
            That said, my top reasons for wanting Utah to win

1- I want us to win every game
            2- future big xii game
            3-our road record against bowl teams
            4- drake toll lol

Redblood
          Ute Fan
          @redblood

We very well may be playing our 3rd string QB and RB and still be without Kuithe. I’m as far a way from saying it is a sure win as you can be. How many points do you think we will score?

D T
            Ute Fan
            @azute1

We don’t need Rising/Kuithe to move the ball on that D…..UF’s D was significantly more stout.

4 4

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Baylor can throw the ball and I’m not sure we can. That alone will make it a lot closer than it should be and if it’s close late and Baylor is throwing the ball, they can win.

If Rising plays, we win and I think big.

If Rising doesn’t play, I give us 55% chance of winning, but it will be closer than it should.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Baylor’s QB (who’s also QB2, by the way) can’t throw very well if he’s lying on his back. Just saying. Sacko-Wacko City!

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

Baylor can throw the ball all they want. If Jeff Grimes can’t run the ball, he can’t win, and Baylor isn’t running the ball on Utah tomorrow.

3 6

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I had Baylor as a loss. 2-1 into conference play.
      I don’t think that the first game of the year has changed my mind.
      With even less weapons offensive and defensively it doesn’t look good.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Last Saturday night I felt very good about Utah’s chances in Waco. With the injury reports this week, I am much less confident. We will be playing with just a shell of the team I hope we are by the time we play at UCLA. I think this will have to be a defensive win for the Utes.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

We’ve recruited well to have playable depth, which was on full display against UF…..Not concerned.

1 3

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

My feeling of impending doom has been overboard this week.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.