Bernard

Viewing 9 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Here’s what I’ve learned…combination of multiple conversations so who knows how accurate.  Most of it makes sense though.

Bernard reached out to Ena immediately upon being told he was out for the year.  

Washington – Chris Peterson has reached out somehow to Bernard

He wanted to go to Utah after his mission but the Sitake-Poly connection was alluring as was the projected playing time which he received.  

He might have taken the fall for an “older teammate” (ex UTe #21 – No s**t!!) last year to miss the bowl game which is why the family is so upset.  

Apprehension in the Ute camp because of the blowback/Whit relationship with Sitake/Carrington situation.  Advised to lay low and stay off the radar and enroll in January.  He’s gotta stay clean from now until then.

Holmoe wants him out – got in a fight in the Summer that went under the radar (Sitake buried it) and now this (party, weed, girls – denied it) which is really strike 3 in his eyes.  

Sitake wants him back…

Take it for what it’s worth.  

2 8

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

As much as I would LOVE to have him on the team, it is probably best for the program to avoid him now to maintain good blood between Whittingham-Sitake and Utah-byu. As much as I dislike byu, I am objective enough to recognize that our relationship with our Ex is improving.

Go to Montlake, young man!

RedLine
        Ute Fan
        @redline

I dunno.  Isn’t there always going to be a level of bad blood b/w the schools…  I mean, that’s what a rivalry is.  If a player wants to go different to school, shouldn’t we let ’em?

Duhwayne
          Ute Fan
          @duhwayne

I prefer to think of it as ex-rivalry. Other PAC schools are starting to psyche up for Utah. Why don’t the fans keep up? Puget’ s reference to relationship with the ex seems pretty apt. Utah State has more in common with the Y than we do.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Especially concerning transfers as of late.

89ute
            Ute Fan
            @89ute

Exactly!!! I care far more about signing our 4 star local recruits. Getting this guy on our roster is probably along the lines of getting Ippolito? I really don’t know, but there isn’t anyone on BYU’s roster I covet. By contrast, there are players on every Pac-12 team I covet.

Sweetness
              Ute Fan
              @sweetness

He’s really good. In my opinion he’s as good or better than luafatasaga and a ways better than tauteoli. With us graduating both those guys this year, this would be a huge pickup for the defense next year. 

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

We need to be civil for the kids, but we don’t need to keep them in our lives beyond that.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Relationship between coaches has improved because of the Sitake friendship and frankly we have bigger fish to fry now.  

HOWEVER the relationship between fans hasn’t…I’m assuming you’re up North but I can tell you the TDS hype train is as out of control as it’s ever been.  Talking about beating LSU, Utah, Wisconsin and everyone else, undefeated seasons…blah, blah, blah. They are bat s**t crazy down here right now.  Unfortunately it will never change as long as we play.  They’ll have fewer and fewer opportunities to talk smack from this point forward so hopefully that fades but for the time being they are in full douchebag form.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I say go for it!!! Burn all bridges always!

AUtahManSir
      Ute Fan
      @autahmansir

What is the Sitake/Carrington situation?

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Relationship with Sitake

Carrington situation…separate things

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Why does anyone care about Sitake? The dude is in it for himself and would gladly poach any missionary/Utah recruit if he could. 

Hans Olsen said that BYU reached out to Handley to transfer as a graduate this year, which is illegal a state hell. 

Screw them all (unless Sitake is wildly successful, then I’d take him back). 

ladyinred
            Ute Fan
            @ladyinred

If Sitake is wildly successful, he ain’t staying in Provostan.
            I could see one of the Arizona schools trying to poach him.

And yes, definitely, if the shoe were on the other foot Sitake wouldn’t hesitate to knife us.

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

He was just able to get Lee and Tonga from Utah.  I see it as us getting one back for those two.

14 1

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

I’ve said it many times before.  F**k Sitake.  

Utah and KWhitt took him in and mentored him, taught him how to coach, and provided great pay – only for him to bail to a program with no more (probably less) prestige for the same pay.  He also poached many of our recruits after doing so.

His transition back to full Cougar is now complete, and I hope he loses every game from here on out.  I’d take Bernard in a heartbeat if it could help Utah, and I don’t give two s**ts about how Sitake feels about it.  Kyle shouldn’t care either.

GameForAnyFuss
              Ute Fan
              @gameforanyfuss

Agree with this 100%. If he wants to be coddled by Utah, be part of the Utah staff. Utah – and Whittingham – don’t owe him jack squat.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

There’s a guy on Twitter claiming this whole story is a rumour he made up.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I dunno. Would Jay Drew allow himself to be trolled like that? 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

He as in Twitter guy or the brother?

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Can 100% confirm that this is not a rumor.  Whether he decides to leave is another story but he has discussed his options around potential transfer with multiple people.

Choices are:

Stays at TDS though he has had his scholarship pulled at the moment.  They are trying to put together alternative money that keeps him paid for.  Most schools don’t do this but there are ways to make it happen. (25%)

Withdraws from school entirely for the Fall Semester, gets a job, works out, etc. and enrolls at the school of his choice in January. (50%)

Goes to UVU or SLCC for a Semester to eliminate any restrictions on where he can transfer to similar to what Austin Lee did (we did not authorize a transfer to Pac12 or BYU). (20%)

Gets released by the TDS and enrolls immediately at Utah (5%)

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Don’t care about TDS. Don’t care about Sitake.

As long as we are in a good standing, anchored to integrity/honesty, then we should recruit whomever as long as the prospects also show certain level of integrity and, should it be appropriate, certain level of contrition for wrong-doing. My fandom level of the Utes is not based on win at-all-cost.

As long as the U tries its best to do what is right, then I’m good. Can’t stand the fanaticism exhibited by many sports fans/people, irrespective of their school/team affiliation.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

(party, weed, girls – denied it)

I think this is what the dictionary says when you look up ”college”.

I don’t like the idea of him going to UW. That hurts us, kind of like if Carrington went to UA instead.
      I hope the rumor of him wanting to come to the U is true. I am with iron, screw tds, burn all bridges!

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Partying, weed, girls.  Dude just wants the ol’ American college experience.  Doesn’t sound like TDS is the place for him.  I mean, at Utah, you can’t smoke weed either, but if you did – you probably won’t  be kicked off the team for an entire year.  A game or two, maybe. 😉

Anonymous
      Inactive

We should become the college version of the Raiders, ca., 1975, and take all the misfit toys. After all, did Fred Whitt, Sr both play and coach for the Raiders during young Kyle’s formative years?

Screw the zoo. Screw Sitake. We take what we want.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Whitt probably thinks of it more like being the Boys Town of the Football West.   However, even his staff is not a perfect babysitter for 18-24 year-olds; nobody can be,  I’m sure Carrington is on Double Secret probation — quite a bit of risk there, though the potential reward is quite high.

With Bernard I’m not so sure.  Same run of the mill off-campus college party at USC is some sort of Devil’s debauchery in Provostan.  If his first strike was taking one for the team, that would really suck, and hope all future recruits and current missionary players get to learn from this situation.  What is the potential of Bernard to contribute to the Utes in the future?

Finally, what is with the lying from TDS?  If Bernard’s redshirting for discipline reasons then say so.   “Personal reasons” my ass.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

BYU has developed a bit of a stigma with all of the suspensions. I believe couching suspensions under things like “redshirting for personal reasons” is their attempt to superficially decrease the number of suspensions. Didn’t they do the same thing with Jamaal Williams?

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

My response:  LOL.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

More twitter rumblings.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.