Best sports bars/restaurants in SLC or PC?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

A couple of friends are in town and want to watch a couple of tourney games tomorrow. Thanks.

1 2

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Piper Down and it’s not even close.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Piper is a “sports” bar?

rUckUs
          Ute Fan
          @ruckus

Not technically.. But if they don’t have bands playing, you can turn on any game you request.. I’ve watched jazz games there.

Where it’s a Friday night, there’s probably a band though..

Piper down is definitely a personal favorite

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Define sports bar.

If I can go there and enjoy food or beverage and watch a game with other fans, I call it a sports bar. And this one happens to have the best food in town. Anyone who says Bout Time or some other awful place like that gets 5 lashings.

Xanthis
            Ute Fan
            @xanthis

Bout Time is the worst food joint in the state. The food sucks. 

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

To me a sports bar is a place which sells drinks, probably food, and has about a billion screens with every game on it you could ever want to watch.

shakeitsugaree
      Ute Fan
      @shakeitsugaree

Been almost a decade since I lived in SLC, but I’m pretty sure Lumpys and the Green Pig are still around. Solid bets.

I’ll be honest with you, tho – hubby and I used to frequent Legends. I know what you’re thinking: it’s in a weird place and most of the patrons are from the neighboring hotel. To which I would say: exactly. We pretty much had free reign over that gigantic screen that hangs over the bar. Not saying you will, but they have a ton of TVs, and I guarantee they’ll have all the bball games on, plus whatever else you want to watch. Owners names are Dave and Lisa – nice people.

Obviously, if you’re looking for a more ‘hook up’ type atmosphere, I’m the wrong person to ask.

TheNuschler
      Ute Fan
      @thenuschler

I like the Point After, it’s only downer is proximity to downtown.

SaltyBacon
      Ute Fan
      @saltybacon

I used to love Fiddlers Elbow, haven’t been in years though. Best pulled prok nachos you can find in Utah. Great atmosphere, great drinks and tons of TVs with sports to watch.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Best sports bars/restaurants in SLC or PC?