Blake Shapen Out Against Utah

Viewing 4 reply threads

cj13
      Ute Fan
      @cjohnsen13

Shapen is out with an MCL injury. Backup Robertson came in for Shapen last game and threw 6-12 for 113 yards with 1 interception. Our D line should feast.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Our defense seems to excel against QBs who lack experience. I expect Scalley to put a very aggressive package together for Baylor. But, they will focus on stopping the run first.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Unless it’s an USC QB who just chucks it deep every play…*shudders*

22Ute22
          Ute Fan
          @utedagoat

Let’s be honest, any QB could have done the same thing that day. Those WR’s did all the work.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

I don’t see Michael Pittman suiting up for Baylor. I will say that was the most disappointing loss in the last few years to USC. All Fink did that night was chuck the ball and hope for the best. That was the Utes’ only loss in the regular season.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

No way we lose. Shapen actually looked pretty good given how terrible his O-line played. The backup looked awful, and we should get even more pressure than Texas State. Just hope our coaches trust our QB’s to throw the damn ball.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

What makes you think that? Almost 20 yds/completion in backup duty. 247 4* with impressive offer list.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

they were playing preventive D. the numbers are inflated.

cj13
        Ute Fan
        @cjohnsen13

He’s 12-23 for 136 yards with 2 interceptions in his career. Small sample size but it’s also his third year and he wasn’t good enough to win any starting jobs. I’m not too worried

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Baylor will also be down a couple of defensive starters. FS and DE that started vs Texas St are out against Utah.

Redblood
        Ute Fan
        @redblood

Will be interesting to see our red zone offense minus Cam. Really didn’t get much of a chance to see because we didn’t get there. The one possession was from the interception Vaki had. On that possession, Barnes ran in from 10 yds after having a lot of time in the pocket.

Kyle mentioned that the difference in Baylor Texas Stats was red zone scoring. Could be a. Important stat in our game, and certainly during our season as a whole.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Blake Shapen Out Against Utah