4 3

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Come home.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Come home? Why? His production actually dropped off at Minnesota, and he doesn’t even want to be here.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Well if he actually came back it would mean he does want to be here. And Both started strong but he tanked with the rest of the gophers.

And what’s more is, Craig smith took Sam Merrill and turned him into a CPOY draft pick. Both at a similar position but much more athletic gifts could do the same thing under Craig. He was a really good developer of talent at USU. (Merrill, Queta, Bean and others)

Now maybe Both doesn’t have the mental makeup to do what Merrill did. Or maybe he’s just had some bad beats coaching wise I’m both spots(entirely possible). But I’m still in love with that God given talent he has.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

If he can play some defense, I’d take him, if he can’t, no way Smith takes him. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Seems like we saw this with Donnie Tillman who jumped to UNLV, lasted one year, then jumped again.

6 3

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

More evidence that Larry K needed to go. He got 4* athletes with 1* intangibles.

6 4

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Minnesota’s head coach should be fired for allowing Both Gach to transfer from the program.  Right?

6 1

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Cincy- based on your retorts to any posts about Ute basketball, were you a Larry supporter?  There weren’t many at the end there, so I am just curious.  Football gets 99% of my attention so I’m no expert, but man, it seems like Larry was failing at judging talent as well as the x’s and o’s, no?  I don’t hate the guy or anything, but c’mon… was it not time for a change even if it means another rebuild?  Whatever though, you’re a good poster so I respect your opinion.

Sanders
          Ute Fan
          @sanders

And then there was one…only one player left from Minnesota’s 2020 roster now…the portal is so brutal. After two P5 drop outs he might end up on a Div. II squad.

12 2

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

You’re a good poster too, Utebacker.  The following is to answer your question and is no way directed at you:

I was absolutely a Larry supporter.  I supported him because he was the head coach of my favorite team. Weird, huh.

I know fans of other teams really hated him; that made me like him even more.  But I’m a fan of Utah foremost, so I tend to support those who are part of that team.  It’s really not that complicated.

I love what I’m hearing about Craig Smith so far.  I think he’ll be awesome.  He has my full support–but not for any other reason than simply he’s the head guy of my favorite team.

I simply can’t agree with people who criticize my guy.  I expect to hear that crap from BYU fans.  No big deal.  They can go to hell.  But when I hear it from Utah fans on a Utah nessage board . . . over and over and over and over ad nauseum . . . and continuing even after the guy has left the program?!? . . . sorry, but that’s gonna get a thumbs-down from me every damn time.  And sometimes even a snarky remark. 

I mean seriously! Just scroll down this board and count the number of times people still obsess about LK.  This belli1976 clown is simply the latest.  Utah5410 still can’t post about anything but LK (he/she just started YET ANOTHER thread about him earlier today).  And now we’ve got posters (AZUTE) who are already tearing on Smith.  It’s unbelievable.

LK was our guy while he was here.  He was a cool guy.  He did some great stuff.  Ran a clean program.  Lots and lots of great memories.  Put kids in the draft.  FINISHED IN THE TOP FOUR OF THE PAC-12 IN FIVE OF HIS LAST SEVEN SEASONS!  But it was probably his time to go for whatever reason.  Fine.  And now he’s gone.  So let it go already!

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

Very understandable. I also lean in on my support for the current coach. In 50 years only Jac and Boylen to some degree bothered me, football and basketball. To me it is kind of like the view of your kids in sports, just remaining positive. But then, I’m not much up for negative energy. I try not to be merely a fan of winning, if your more a fan of the sport you can find a lot to enjoy in every game.

5 4

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

Is the Minnesota coach also one of the top 10 paid coaches in the country with a current 5 year streak of missing the NCAA Tournament?  If so, yep – the should show him the door!

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Do these portal players walk away from scholarships? The power of entitlment and the illusion of playing pro basketball have their consequences. As if college BB needs more material to drive fans away. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Both gach to the portal