Bowl game practice

Viewing 2 reply threads

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

Something that is often underappreciated about getting a bowl game is the extra practice the team gets in December. This is a big deal for the younger players who are staying. Leads to improved preparation in spring ball and into fall camp then season…

What i don’t know is if there are a certain amount of practices allowed during that time or is it a certain amount of practices per week? Does having a bowl game on January help the tram get more experience compared to having early December bowl?

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’ve heard Whitt say when they went to the Holiday Bowl, that it was nice to get more practices in than they did when they went to the Las Vegas Bowls. He said it actually helps for the next season. I can’t help but think not going to a bowl game last year affected the team at the beginning of this year.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

My understanding is that bowl teams are allowed to have up to 15 practices leading up to their bowl game.

UTEopia
        Ute Fan
        @uteopia

Correct – a set number of practices. The advantage of a pre-Christmas game is that the coaches and players can get almost a month off from football before recruiting is again allowed and winter workouts start up. The advantage of a post Christmas game is that the games are better and the players probably have at least a week off from practice right now. I am sure they will condition and lift, but just getting some rest will be great.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bowl game practice