Boylen has been HC for 1 week today…

Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-turmoil-jim-boylens-chicago-bulls-193241523.html

In fairness, this generation is soft as hell. You think theres a mutiny for too much practice in the 90s? 

2 1

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

I’m still baffled how Chris Hill hired him.  

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

In Boylen’s defense Chris Hill made it impossible for him to recruit. Which in turn made it impossible for him to compete.

JB is a good Coach and well respected in nba circles.

Hill tried to place the same recruiting restrictions on Larry but he said no and wouldn’t have taken the job if Hill presses the issue

Anonymous
        Inactive

Can you be more specific?  I’ve heard things to this effect before, but people have been light on details. 

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Recruiting restrictions? How so

astUTE
        Ute Fan
        @astute

I’m extremely interested in the details – specificity please!

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

After Big Rick left Chris Hill was terrified of ncaa sanctions and probation so when it came to recruiting he tied Giac’s and Boylen’s hands behind their backs

To be specific he forbid them from recruiting AAU players. They could have zero contact with any AAU Coach or player. They couldn’t attended any of the big AAU tournaments.

Hill wanted nothing to do with the pay for play scene that was running wild.

They were limited to recruiting HS kids and JCs only. Which at the time was like trying to play the Yankees with a rookie league team

Both Coaches were also limited on the number of official visits they could bring in.

He tried to place some of the same limitations on Coach K but Larry said he wouldn’t take the job with those restrictions in place

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I agree with Hill but NCAA basketball is so meh I don’t even care. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

I’m to the point now that I only watch the first weekend of the tournament. 

I couldn’t tell you which team won it last year. Basketball is ruined for me. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

It’s not that even I think most of the rules are fair either. It is just that some can’t even break the rules if they wanted to and they play those teams.  That is the part that irks me. 

palos_verdes_ute
        Ute Fan
        @palos-verdes-ute

The only players that I thought were worthy under Boylen:  Carlon Brown | Will Clyborn | JJ O’brien    (Does anyone know the common denominator in them?)

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

They all transferred I think? Carlon went to Colorado and O’Brien went to SDSU – don’t remember for clyborn. 

Is that right? 

palos_verdes_ute
            Ute Fan
            @palos-verdes-ute

that is correct.  transferred…all of them.   Clyburn went to Iowa State and played for “the mayor”.  I think he has brother on UNLV now.   He contemplated coming to Utah, never recruited by Larry.  I know he wanted to play on the west coast, coming from Detroit Rhombulous.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Boylen has been HC for 1 week today…