Britan Covey

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

I know the season is a few weeks away, but based on this conversation with Covey I wonder if it wouldn’t be wise to sit him the first three games.  He doesn’t sound super confident about his recovery.  This is only my interpretation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTbIHC4XzfA&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1OuzQnRHggQWqrLwF8_IgSAxXFjSFV4SHAr8odKQ49O627IgS9Nc3z2OY

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Totally agree and he isn’t built to last afil season anyway. Save him for when it counts.

6 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I totally understand where you are coming from and if he isn’t 100% then he should probably sit out.  However, if he is ready to play, he should go.  The BYU game is important for many reasons and a loss would really hurt. 

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

He’s a smart kid.  I hope he doesn’t try to push it and come back early.  I trust him and the coaches to do the right thing, I just get the feeling that he doesn’t trust that knee yet.  

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

Was thinking the same thing. I don’t think we see him through the first couple games. I’m optimistic but if holding him out reduces the risk of injury, I’m all for it for the games that matter down the stretch.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I think he’ll sit the first three games. Flat out, that’s it. He wants to play against BYU, but he knows there’s more at stake. A lot more.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Doesn’t this kid still have a redshirt year available?

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

I believe so, yes.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

And he’s beginning year 3 of eligibility?

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I think that they’ll use it if he’s not ready to come back by USC.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Britan Covey