BYE Spence Checketts

Viewing 2 reply threads
      11 1

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

Spence is the worst. Kall 700 had a mens clinic years back with Bill and Spence. he was a total jerk toward me and a buddy that was on-site where the broadcast was taking place. he thinks he is a expert on Covid, and he promotes BYU like thay are world beaters. bye Spence

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

In this context, what is a “men’s clinic”?

Can’t imagine it’s a medical thing if BIll and Spence are running it, so I’m struggling to figure out what that might be.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

A men’s clinic is a medical clinic that specializes in men’s health. I think he is saying Bill and Spence were there running a promotion or something. Men’s clinics notoriously advertise on sports talk radio.

SteelUte
          Ute Fan
          @steelute

“Notoriously advertise” is putting it mildly. I think I’ve heard Andrew from Wasatch clinical 3 billion times talking about “accoustic wave therapy”. Dude, take a rest! Give it a few months! 

To the original point, I don’t know what happened between Spence and you, and if you don’t like him thats fine. I think he’s got some pretty good insight, at times he comes off snobby, but he’s a radio personality.  I’d take him just about over anyone else in this market. 

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

Ah, thanks.  The way it was worded in the OP made me thing that Bill and Spence were the ones conducting some sort of clinic, which I couldn’t quite figure out.  ðŸ™‚

I haven’t listened to sports radio in over a year now, ever since I started working from home.  I used to tune in quite often on my commute, but with that gone I haven’t really been interested.  Spence was meh before, I imagine he’s probably more meh now.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Utah sports radio is light years ahead of 20 years ago when I was living in Utah. Occasionally listen online and must say there are some odd characters flooding the SLC sports radio airwaves.

Listened to an episode with Checketts and Kamrani. It was some very odd discourse. Kamrani dude was talking some random s**t about working in his garden and video games. Then he and Checketts went off on a tangent ripping SLC residents for not wearing masks. The segment sounded like a couple of whiny, entitled teenagers. Turned if off after a few minutes.

Riley has quality guests engaging in thoughtful discussion about Utah sports. Bartle does an excellent job covering the Utes.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions BYE Spence Checketts