BYU game

Viewing 9 reply threads
      2 2

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

I love that the Utes could lose to BYU and still go to the Rose Bowl. If we somehow manage to clinch the South with a win at Colorado and an ASU loss to the Ducks, it would be hilarious if Whitt played our third string vs the zoobs to render any potential win meaningless and rest our starters. 

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

2nd string or 10th string, “we don’t lose to that team down south.”

COFfrom83
        Ute Fan
        @coffrom83

no re-setting the counter at riseandshout.net!

beat them with the 3rd string, but thank them again for wearing red a few weeks ago.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve thought about this scenario for quite awhile.  It would be an interesting situation to be in, knowing that game is meaningless. Having that game as the last game is so stupid. I’d rather not play them ever again anyway.  I’m done with them.  We have bigger fish/rivals to fry. 

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

It’s a pointless game now. Nothing to gain. Every year we let them back in and barely hang on by playing not to lose. Its become my least favorite game on the schedule.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I think it is good to play them last this year because it will hammer home the point of how irrelevant and worthless the game is. 

We need to go out and beat them by 30. Show that we’ve moved on. Do that, with the PAC-12 title game the following week…

It would really show that BYU is a waste of time. 

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Not hilarious at all. I want to destroy them. Rip their hearts out, stomp on their throat, and send them back to Utah coubty beaten and bruised for the eighth time in a row. 

javadave
        Ute Fan
        @javadave

My main concern would be injuries to key players i hear you though. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yes of course. That goes without say.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

The problem is that the Zoobies won’t see it that way..it will be we had a true fresh qb… it was on the road…we had injuries too…Sataki has it turned around…a guy at church who knows whit’s sister in laws neighbor told me that whitt is retiring. 

javadave
        Ute Fan
        @javadave

Whit is retiring? What?

TheNuschler
          Ute Fan
          @thenuschler

Retiring to the Clay Helton opening??

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

I think he loves it too much, plus he just signed an extension.  I don’t see him leaving for a few years.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Whoa whoa whoa.. Whitt is what now???

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Holy s**t you guys read the post in it’s entirety. He was making fun of zoobs because they stupid s**t like that constantly. Everyone chill out and breathe. Whitt has a good contract where if he retires from the U, he still gets paid to be an advisor. 

BulgieUte
          Ute Fan
          @bulgieute

so you’re saying you can’t disprove the rumors. What brought this on? Whit seems to have a few more years in him. Why would he retire?

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

Yes, I bit after glancing at his comment.  You win some you lose some, I lost this one.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Pretty sure y’all need to get your sarcasm meters recalibrated. Lol

As for BYU, I could not possibly care less about that game. Beating them gives us no benefit, and you know the nut punchers down south will be out for blood. I hate the fact that it’s the last game of the season, especially if we have an important post-season game upcoming.

No benefit, just get rid of it.

norm
      Ute Fan
      @norm

I honestly keep forgetting that we even have that game. Im not saying that to get under BYU fan’s skins or anything.  It’s just truly irrelevant.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

So let me get this straight, we bag on the SEC for playing lesser teams later in the season and are then bagging on playing BYU as the last game of the season before a possible championship game.

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

Yes and yes

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Utah has nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing BYU. it’s their super bowl so they’re coming in to win. Risking injury and a loss is not worth playing them the last game of the year.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

IF we let them win or allow them to stay in the game they will become heroes. No, I want them broken.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

If Utah loses to BYU it would destroy the whole season.  Not because of any fading memory of the rivalry, but because they would have lost to a lower class G5 team.

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

It is really stupid to suggest the BYU game is meaningless if we are in the Pac-12 championship.  If we lose the championship and lose to BYU it will really hurt our bowl opportunities.  We need to win every game and play our best players every game.  I’m certain whit would mock any idea of playing out reserves.

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

Allow me to clarify. Since they are on our schedule this year, I hope we utterly destroy them. Just as I hope we utterly destroy every team we play. I would not expect either Whitt or the team to take it easy on them, and fully expect that we win that game.

I would prefer, however, that we not continue scheduling them in the future. I would much rather play a quality OCC opponent (remember how fun the Michigan games were?) than play BYU every year. We simply have nothing to gain from beating them.

And I would especially prefer that we not schedule them on the last game of the year when there could potentially be much larger things at stake.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.