BYU Honor Code Protests

Viewing 2 reply threads
      6 1

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

Man, I sure hope they don’t do away with the “Honor” Code at BYU.  It’s one of Utah’s best recruiting tools! 

4 1

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Meh.  Those poor kids need to just transfer to a school that will respect their diversity.

Friends don’t let friends send their kids to byu.  Period.

COUte
        Ute Fan
        @coute

That was entirely my point. I hope they keep it so that athletes keep coming to Utah.

2 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

They won’t do away with it. The kids aren’t protesting the HC itself – they’re protesting the big brother HC office and how they enforce the HC.

But yes, the HC is stupid and unnecessary. As an LDS person, I wonder why the scriptures are insufficient as a set of rules/guidelines? Is something missing from them that the HC captures? And if so, why not add a section to the D&C so we’re all “bound” by that?

We always get these lectures from church leaders about “looking beyond the mark” and I have to laugh because that’s exactly what the BYU system and the honor code are doing.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That Instagram account that someone created is hilarious. HC enforcers remind me of the Sadducees and Pharisees from the New Testament. Strict Enforcement of the law or codes is more important than the spirit of forgiveness and repentance. 

Duhwayne
          Ute Fan
          @duhwayne

Could you imagine wanting that job? What kind of an insecure loser would it take? Gayle Ruzicka five kids ago in her lesser evolved form. Now she is state government levels cranky. Why persecute individuals when you can persecute entire groups?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football BYU Honor Code Protests