BYU to the AAC

Viewing 6 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I feel like I heard/read recently that BYU was supposed to announce a new TV deal with ESPN but it was delayed because they had to work out some unexpected/last minute details. 

Could it be that the details that need to be worked out are BYU joining the AAC? There’s been an awful lot of talk about the possibility of them joining and I wonder if behind the scenes it is all being worked out for them to join the AAC.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

AACmas in Provo

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Wait… BYU-P is joining the American Association of Carpenters? Good for them!

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

Jesus was a carpenter

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Personally I don’t think they’ll be joining the AAC. TDS will be their usual selves and demand more than they should. By losing Ucon, the AAC now has to split the money pie 11 ways instead of 12, and Ucon wasn’t making them money anyway, so they’ll all collect bigger paychecks without Ucon and the TDS.

Edit: I have no information to back that up. Just how I see things.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

AAC already came out and stated they’re not replacing UCONN.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Furthest west AAC team is SMU and they are not all that far from Houston and Tulsa.
      I see big expense for AAC travel budgets with few new TV eyeballs (half of the Utah TV market)?  Unless they open a whole new Western Division, can’t see it.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Can you imagine having to fly five hours the day before the game, and then fly home five hours. And then do it the week after, then play a home game, then get back on the plane for the next game after that? Welcome to the AAC, BYU. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

From the Provo airport? LOL

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo BYU to the AAC