Can we stop with AZ

Viewing 7 reply threads
      7 1

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

AZ lost so much… I don’t understand why our fan base is so afraid of AZ.
      1. JF is gone – so there culture is gone
      2. SJSU HC is fine. But not great. Whit will out coach him like he did when Utah curbed stomped him. That was a desperate we have to do something hire. The staff he has put together is good. But, it will take time to gell. More than 4 games
      3. Great Fifta and WR are still there. They lost sooooooo much.
      4. RES – I don’t get how anyone thinks we lose in RES. We lost one game there this year against Bo freaking Nix in the best game I’ve seen a QB ply ever. Dude was perfect.
      5. Revenge. Whit remembers last year. Would have been sweetie if JF was there. But lots of players still are.
      6. Yes. It sucks we are going to be coming off a tough OSU game on the road while they may sit. All that tells me is that we don’t blow them out. If rolls weee reversed. Easy blow out.
      7. CR head and shoulders better than NF. I’m still not as impressed as all you guys are.
      8. Az can’t sneak up on teams anymore. Everyone is going to bring it. I think it’s going to
      Be a rough game.

Finallly. CR is healthy. BK will
      Be healthy.

Our secondary should be much better. Corners not safeties. But. Safeties may be great also. The UCF game and CO game are far more concerning to me than this game.

Bonus. I think we get OSU. First big 12. We will be ready.

The UCF and CU game concern me far more.

2 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Yeah.
      What’s funny is all the banter I had with some Zona fans I know. After they curb stomped Utah I just smiled and said their coach would be hired away. Sent the links of the debt the school is facing. They laughed it off.

I didn’t even give them a told you so conversation. They now fear 2024. It isn’t looking good for them.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’m not sure their QB and WR will even be there. Sure, they said they would come back. Let’s see how they feel after spring ball.

Let’s see if they still like Arizona and the new coaches.

Someone will lose a QB and will toss big time cash at them.

Utephoria
        Ute Fan
        @utephoria

It is almost a given that JF will woo Noah Fifita away from Arizona once the portal opens again, he needs a quarterback at Washington with Penix leaving for the NFL.

ryynoo
          Ute Fan
          @ryynoo

The portal for AZ and UW are still open as both schools got a 30 day window due to coaches changing. Not sure they leave when they still could leave now.

3 2

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

I was about to say that and commented on this issue on Canzano’s blog. If Fifita and McMillan wanted to leave Arizona for Washington, they’ve had ample opportunity to do so already. Sometimes we don’t take into consideration the fact that maybe some players like and are very comfortable where they’re going to school and instantly assume that everyone is just a mercenary that can be bought and sold. I’ve had ample experience with both towns and schools and, personally, I prefer Tucson. Maybe Fifita and McMillan do so as well.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Agree Utah. UofA lost a lot of talent. Other schools like Michigan could be in the mix for an experienced QB and WR.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Even if they are.. CR is that dude. Of course if he’s healthy. But. He should be fully 100 percent recovered by then per all the timelines plus he was already ahead of schedule. So he should be p**s and vinegar. Finally. He knows what’s at stake. Buy year. Exposure. Teams will look at him like they did Bo Nix this year. Maybe he won the a first round pick projection. But def would be mid rounds.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I don’t know how good or bad Arizona will be in 2024. What I do know is Fifita is a heckuva QB and he has an All-American WR. Losing their head coach “could” be huge. However, I have seen coaches come in and take the recruits from a previous coach and have great success. I don’t know how many players Arizona has lost to graduation, portal, and the NFL. You indicate that they have lost a lot. If true, they will likely struggle to be as good in 2024 as in 2023.

Personally, I think Arizona will be a top-tier Big 12 team in 2024. But, I don’t know anything for sure.

UteNamedOg
        Ute Fan
        @utenamedog

Couldn’t agree more. Lots of change between then and now, but Fifita is an excellent QB and I have terrible memories of bigger WRs being very present in Utah losses over the years. On the other side, it is VERY difficult to beat Utah at home and at full strength, unless you’re Chris Petersen. That dude tuned us up.

I figure if you’re nervous just donate to the NIL. You can feel like you did something and your money goes towards Utes and charities.

https://www.crimsoncollective.org/

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Not to mention, their DC is now in Austin.

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

You didn’t list who they lost. Who are the lost so much players?

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

Lost their 1,000 yard RB Coleman to UW for one.

ryynoo
          Ute Fan
          @ryynoo

Along with the highest rated CB from the PAC12 and I think starting TE.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I don’t have specific names. But, there all PAC LT gone. Another 2 OL gone. Stud TH gone. There other stud receiver who took a lot of pressure off of Mcmillian. Gone. There top two backs gone. Majority of there recruiting class gone. And that’s just on O. On D they lost virtually everybody plus there DC. The both of there all pac Cb and most of there DY and De. They do Erin there captain and all pac LB. Manu and 1 decent safety.

But. JF was there team he built the culture. Now you have to rebuild. The rebuild won’t be felt as hard with NF and Mcmillian back. But I see this team now as 7-5.

And we get them at home. Coming off of LY where they purposely embarrassed Whit. I know that JF isn’t there. But the players are. Some of them are still there. Anyways. Fifta is not going to look near as good as he did last year. Also we have tape. Now. They are still a bowl team but not a contender. Coaching, continuity and talent matter.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Can we stop with AZ