CBS STILL projects us in the Rose Bowl

Viewing 12 reply threads

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Check it out:
      http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bowl-projections-ohio-state-up-to-no-3-in-final-college-football-playoff-vote/

This is the pertinent part:

Utah is still projected to be in the Rose Bowl. That is based on the Utes winning at Colorado next week and USC losing to Washington in the Pac-12 championship game. I believe Utah would be the highest rated team in the Pac-12 behind the Huskies in that scenario. USC will pick up a fourth loss, but Utah will also have head-to-head wins over both the Buffs and Trojans. It is possible that the committee could view it differently, but if so, conference standings will not be the reason they do. Teams are judged on their entire seasons, not just conference play.

I’d be OK with that. Just beat Colorado, baby.

They have Washington going to the CFP as the 4 seed.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Incidentally, anywhere else I look, we’re projected to go in either the Holiday Bowl (most of them) or the Foster Farms Bowl.

Keep in mind a lot of other projections haven’t been released yet.

If we miss out on the Rose, I’d be OK with the Holiday Bowl! That’d be a fun one to go to.

Anonymous
      Inactive

My nuts hurt from the last time I got my hopes up. Oregon kicks really hard.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

that is stupid

Virginia Ute
      Ute Fan
      @virginiaute

Silver lining to us losing to CU is it keeps USC away from winning anything significant. 

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

I just don’t see that happening. We are going to end up in the “Who Gives A Crap Bowl”

For the record, YES, I am still very bitter about how this team once again managed to blow a chance to win the South, and play in the championship game.

Every &*%$ING year. We find a way to blow it.
      It’s getting tiresome.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

CBS also predicted a Clinton election win. Just sayin.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Leave the political garbage for actual political threads, bopa. You’re not in UF.N anymore.

KJU
      Ute Fan
      @kjute

Wow! I didn’t take what Bopa said as political. I think he was pointing out that CBS has a knack at getting predictions wrong. And the Rose Bowl prediction seems like it is very wrong.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

It is possible that I overreacted.
      The “shoehorn” is a mythical animal that breeds heavily on UF.N. I realize that is meant primarily for BYU references, but I also see a lot of turning football posts (and other types of posts) into political war zones on that board. I’d hate to see it take root here. That’s all.

KJU
        Ute Fan
        @kjute

Lefty,
        All good. I guess the memory of the dumpster fire known as UFN is still fresh in our minds.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Why would Utah be the highest ranked P12 team remaining if we beat CU? Both Utah and CU would have 3 losses. Theirs would be to Michigan, USC, and Utah (all top 25 teams). Our losses would be to Cal, Oregon, and Washington (two of which are terrible).

I’m confused on how we would be ranked higher than CU in that scenario.

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

IF we beat Colorado Saturday and IF (both are really big if’s) Washington beats USC in the championship game, I don’t see Utah passing USC in the standings. I think we’ll pass CO, but just barely (something like Utah #15 & CO #16). With a loss to UW in the championship game, I think USC will still end up around the #12-13 spot, putting Utah (at best) the 3rd ranked team in the PAC12. After the season we’ve had, I’m okay with that. That likely gets us in the Alamo or Holiday bowl, which is a huge upgrade to the Veg, and pretty darn good after loses to Oregon and Cal.

My current bowl projections and final regular season records:
      CFP – Washington (12-1)
      Rose Bowl – USC (9-4)
      Alamo – Colorado (9-3)
      Holiday – Utah (9-3)
      Sun – Washington State (8-4)
      Foster Farms – Stanford (9-3)
      Las Vegas – Arizona State (6-6)
      Cactus – Cal (5-7)

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

To even have a prayer at this wed have to utterly destroy CU. Even then I don’t see it.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football CBS STILL projects us in the Rose Bowl