CFP Rankings

Viewing 6 reply threads

Jutahjutes55
      Ute Fan
      @jutahjutes55

1 Michigan 2 Washington 3 Texas 4 Alabama, guess you can be undefeated and still not make the playoff. What are your thoughts?

AlaskanUte
      Ute Fan
      @kenaiute

It smells like the BCS all over again

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Indifferent.. As long a Bama get knock out

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

No, BCS would have rightfully kept FSU in but had Alabama at 3 and Texas at 5.

UtahPilot47
      Ute Fan
      @utahpilot

Like it or not…Alabama is the only team that can get away with losing one game and barely beating a terrible Auburn and UCF and still make the final four.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

USC could. Texas also has one loss and wins over bad teams.

2 1

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

If Texas wasn’t going SEC I think FSU would have gotten in over them.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

If you look at Texas’ schedule, they’re lucky to only have one loss (just like Alabama). They just barely escaped with their lives versus Houston, KSU, and TCU.

UteBrook
          Ute Fan
          @utebrook

Texas does have a #1 composite. And beat Bama.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

College football is just like big business…about as crooked as a three dollar bill. I don’t care what logic they used to leave FSU out of the CFP, they’ve lost all legitimacy in my eyes.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

They had any after 2014?

Certainly not after 2016 when they ignored the conference champ rule they made up in 2014?

You had to realize their credibility was gone after 2017?

The only credibility the committee has ever had is that they will do whatever is necessary to fill the ESPN Invitational with whichever teams ESPN thinks will bring the highest ratings. They are casting a TV show, not trying to find the best team for that particular season.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

I agree…but this example is especially egregious and doesn’t provide any cover for them. I mean, Alabama barely beat Georgia and should have lost the week before to a mediocre, at best, Auburn team. How soon that performance is forgotten when it doesn’t meet the narrative.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

My ranking sheet has the top 10 as:

1. UW
            2. Michigan
            3. Texas
            4. Alabama
            5. FSU
            6. Georgia
            7. Ohio State
            8. Oklahoma
            9. Oregon
            10. Missouri

Liberty would get the G5 auto-bid and Mississippi would beat out Penn State for the last at large. FSU would be tied with Iowa for the lowest P5 SOS in my top 25 which is why they get passed by Texas and Alabama. So if you do everything you can to eliminate bias, I guess the case could be made for the four they chose.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

If style matters, how could you have UW as the #1? They’ve been just getting by since late summer. I mean never in the history of the AP poll has a ranked team won so many consecutive games by so many low scores. The committee leaves out an undefeated FSU team that won its CCG by two scores but props up a Washington team that won the majority of its games by one score? Some of them with a last gasp against mediocre teams? To me, something is very, very rotten in Denmark.

2008 National Champ
                Ute Fan
                @cptmrgn05

style would be bias since it is up to the beholder. I rank based on the categories that I think are the most relevant to the best team.

I’ve gone all the way back to 1978 using my system and I’ll put it up against anyone’s. Once people get into the transitory property or other arguments that are only applied to some schools instead of all.,, that’s great for online debates but doesn’t ever solve anything.

As for UW, they played a tougher schedule than Michigan so that’s why the math has them higher. If you want to argue higher point differential is more important, go for it.

UteBrook
                Ute Fan
                @utebrook

It’s easy. SOS UW is 9 and Michigan is 51. That says it all.

SorryWife
      Ute Fan
      @sorrywife

This may have been the straw that fully broke the camels back. FSU and Clemson will be the next schools to move to the power 2. Networks killed the pac12 at the beginning of the season. Now they’re going for the ACC’s throat.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I agree…the chairman of the selection committee, Boo Corrigan, is the AD at NC State. He should have been fighting tooth and nail for FSU, no matter the in season shenanigans. I’m certain that this turn of events is the nail in the ACC’s coffin. I can’t imagine Clemson, UNC, Miami or FSU being part of a conference that won’t look out for their interests. And by the way, FSU not being part of the CFP is going to cost the ACC at least $6M in conference cash dividends.

2 1

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

If all of America could vote FSU would be in. There is a real lack of criteria. To much subjectivity.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Yeap, team sports shouldn’t be beholden to a selection committee. It’s almost like the selection committee has turned into a bunch of figure skating judges.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football CFP Rankings