Check in

Viewing 13 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

What’s your confidence level going into tomorrow’s game vs USC? I’d say I’m 50/50. I fear that our issues on defense may not be something that can be fixed, or improved quickly enough. I think the offense will be fine as long as we don’t turn it over. 

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I think our skill players will perform to their potential and our younger players will learn much from the experience. I look forward to the game.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Honestly expecting a loss. But I’m still mad eager to cheer the boys on and I hope they play a good game.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

More confident than the UCLA game, solely because it’s at RES. Doesn’t necessarily mean we win, but just that the chances are better than last week. Agree that O will be fine, but very nervous about the D, and I’ve completely given up on our STs.

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

Fairly low expectations. I think we are just missing a few pieces this year. I’m just going to enjoy it without stressing about it.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Feeling strangely optimistic. I feel like the loss last week weirdly takes some of the pressure off of us, kind of playing with house money now that our sole objective is winning the Pac 12 and not the playoffs (like USC). I think we pull it off tomorrow.

1 4

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Raise your hand, if you, in your heart of hearts, thought we would make the CFP this season.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Could = yes. There was enough meat on the schedule this year that as long as traditional strengths didn’t completely disappear and the team got a few breaks along the way, it was definitely possible.

Would = no. I’ve always thought this was a 9-3 teams given the youth on D and the offense not looking improved over 2021.

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

If our defense gives up big plays like they did last week, we are in probably in trouble.

I think it is obvious that this team is not quite what people expected, but I think we have some great players and still have a chance to make things interesting. Hoping for a good game, win or lose.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

I think the game comes down to whether or not Utah’s D is able to make Caleb Williams uncomfortable. If he has the same amount of time DTR did, Utah loses by at least 2 scores.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

If we can run and control the ball we win. If we can’t and their offense is on the field a lot we lose.

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

Well .. have we found a kicker yet .. is Thomas in shape yet AND committed .. Can Scalley fix the D , can it even be fixed … I think we play better, but lose a close one .

Torg
            Ute Fan
            @torg

I think we found a kicker. A few weeks ago, she kicked the free great clips haircut field goal during a commercial break.

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Did you hear me yelling, “sign her up!”?

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

How is there an “if we can run” at week 7?

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

I hope we can just convert any 4th and shorts or any 4th we go for. When we don’t convert them it is a huge momentum swing for the other team. I think it really hurt us in the Florida and UCLA games especially on there home fields. Might not be as big of impact on our field but for sure doesn’t help. At times I really wonder what the outcome might have been if we would have punted it away instead. Don’t get me wrong I love to go for the 4th downs, but if they are not converted I think it really changes the game in favor of the other team.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Maybe convert 3rd first, then this won’t be a potential problem!

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

After watching the Utes for the last 30+ years, it seems like our wins and losses are determined more by team psychology than anything else.

When expectations are high, we struggle. When expectations are low, we usually play really good assignment-sound football. 

The UCLA game reset the fan and media expectations to something much lower for this team. So I think they’ll now play an amazing game against USC and get the win. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Tony, I am exactly where you are with this game.  I hope the crowd will be a difference-maker for us.

Go Utes!!!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I am hoping our running game takes another step closer to last year, USC’s run defense creates an opportunity. The passing game needs to take another step in filling the hole left by Kuithe. Those with contain assignments for broken play QB runs need to improve a step. A few more kickoffs into the EZ would be nice. Each will help us win but the difference maker will be the turnover battle. If it swings in our favor we get this done at home, if it swings away from us one or more of those steps need to be a leap to get this done.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

For me the key to the game short of TOs will be TT & how effectively we run the ball.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

I’m predicting a blowout win for the Utes, who will rebound after an embarrassing defensive and special teams performance against UCLA last week. USC is not as good as their ranking.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.