Christmas comes early….Approval for new Indoor Practice Facility

Viewing 3 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

101,000 Sq. Ft. at a cost of $61M!!! I want to know what we get if we make it to the CFP next year haha?!! Go Utes!!

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I’m assuming that approval is pro-forma at this point. Relocating the records and archives building will be no small task.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

From a scheduling perspective, it sounds like it will be really nice to not have to share the facility anymore. The other Utah teams and city will continue using the Eccles Indoor Facility. That along with it being a full length field with ample room on the sides and ends, temperature controlled, as well as a 90 ft ceiling that punters are no longer hitting are going to make for a really nice upgrade in our football facilities.

The arms race continues to keep up with the Jones’s. Here’s what other teams have announced:

Oregon new Indoor Practice Facility

Auburn new Football Practice Center

Tennessee new Football Training Center

younglurch
      Ute Fan
      @younglurch

Glad to see investment in the program. It’s clear with the stadium upgrade and now the new indoor facility that the U’s administration is keen on keeping football relevant.

A slideshow with some renderings can be found here

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

This is interesting timing. I heard last week that Whitt was growing frustrated on this as it was “promised” a while back.

I expect this might be the “Kyle Whittingham Indoor practice facility” when all is said and done.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Christmas comes early….Approval for new Indoor Practice Facility