Coach Whitt post practice interview

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He said some interesting things. It sounds like he has his cornerbacks picked

Today was the best practice so far

A lot of playmakers out there

Johnson is a great addition to our team and solidifies the secondary

ZV, Johnson, and Snowden are currently starters.

Tao Johnson will be a starting safety. The other safety is yet to be determined. We have another very good safety coming in this summer.

4 LBs have minor injuries.

Witt likes Lopes at LB. Said a lot of positive things about him.

Singer gives us a different complexion at WR. Money is probably the next best WR.

Zipper is looking good.

The defensive ends are looking good and may be our deepest position on the team.

Great battle for the number 2 QB spot. Rose has made great progress, but Wilson is very much in the mix.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Zipper?

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

He means Zipper’er’, as in Daidren Zipperer

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Whenever Whitt talks about the QB’s. I quite literally tune out. Which is odd because I enjoy his other comment but the QB I just think he says whatever. It is usually the same. Just motivational s**t.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

You know Eagle, that’s learned behavior on Whitt’s part. I’ve done a little bit of research and, in his first couple of years as head coach, he was much more forthcoming on injuries, etc…I remember that when Johnson got hurt against New Mexico in 2005, he gave a pretty detailed explanation of his injury (ACL tear) and how long he’d be out.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah I know I am well aware of what he has said in the past. Wilson is going to have a pretty crazy surgery but is taking reps? It doesn’t really make me think Rose has a shot ever. I don’t know why you would want to establish depth with Wilson in consideration. Rose must understand his situation well enough and is happy here.

It is just obvious contradictions and becomes muah muah muah muah after awhile.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

I’m perfectly fine with Coach KW’s approach, but I still feel like a TP QB is a must for us based on last year.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Coach Whitt post practice interview