Confused about Bernard

Viewing 3 reply threads

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

I keep hearing about how versatile Bernard is and it seems they are doing everything they can to limit his carries. Thomas was always going to be the bell cow if healthy and in the right head space. However, the first time he wasn’t “available”, RB3 Glover gets the start and QB3 gets more carries.

I can’t tell if they are turning him into Troy McCormick or that I should expect Bernard to be working out with the safeties by November. When he’s averaging less than 5 carries a game, it doesn’t appear as if his future is at RB.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I don’t think we can call Glover RB3 anymore.

SOWhat
      Ute Fan
      @sowhat

Bernard is a very good player. But he is a situational back, not an every down back. He is the best receiver in the backfield.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

IMHO, we could use a few more bubble screens to Micah, but I’m not Ludwig.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

He’s an every down back.  He’s proven that in game experience and his skill set (runs between tackles, catches it, blocks well).  He’s only a situational back because that’s how we use him.  His capacity and how we utilize him are 2 different things.

At the least, he is one of few playmakers on this offense and he needs more touches, especially with the loss of Kuithe.

UtesRule
          Ute Fan
          @utesrule

I’ve heard Ludwig say Bernard is not physically able to be an every down back.

Yergensen
            Ute Fan
            @yergensen

Bernard had 16 touches against BYU and got stronger with each one. Ran inside, outside, broke tackles. Had 150 yds. We all saw it.

URow
      Ute Fan
      @urow

I thought the radio crew announced he was limited due to some injuries. He’s been a  versatile back. He’s probably our best pass catching back and pass protection back. 

Charlie Foxtrot
        Ute Fan
        @charliefoxtrot

I think Whitt said he was having problems with muscle cramps during games and they are trying to figure out why. So until they do they are limiting his reps.

UTUTE
        Ute Fan
        @utute

Pass protection backs are rare indeed! Hope we see more of Bernard

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Confused about Bernard