correct me if I’m wrong, but if Utah wins their next two, I think a NY6 …

Viewing 4 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

bowl minimum is guaranteed?  Utah just needs to finish in the top 10 of the CFP.  I think the only thing that could derail that would be an embarassing loss in Santa Clara (which won’t happen).

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

With our D, I don’t see any “embarassing” loss.

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

hope your dad is doing better.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

looking at Jerry Palm’s bowl predications, I could be dead wrong about this.  He has Virginia, Baylor, and Florida in ahead of Utah in NY6 games?

Sweetness
        Ute Fan
        @sweetness

Yeah, if we lose the pac12 title game and Oregon isn’t included in the playoff, we’re going to the Alamo. I could be wrong on this, but I believe there’s only one at large spot in NY6 available for P5 at-large selection, which is in the cotton bowl. No way we get picked over the likes of Michigan, Penn State, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, etc. whichever of those teams that finish 3rd respectively in their conference and become eligible for selection.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Utah needs to finish in the top 5, with a guaranteed Rose Bowl trip. Maybe, just maybe if we’re 12-1, they’ll let us in the Playoff. I’m not keeping my hopes up on that one.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I think you’re correct.  If Utah finishes 11-1 prior to heading into the CCG, our “floor” would be the Cotton Bowl.  Our “ceiling” would be the CFP (preferably the “Fiesta” over the “Peach”).  And the “Rose” is a very nice consolation prize.

GO UTES!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football correct me if I’m wrong, but if Utah wins their next two, I think a NY6 …