Dan Patrick saying tomorrow it will be announced.

Viewing 2 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

This makes me unbelievably depressed. I was having a bad day already.

5 1

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

At this point, just bring it back in the fall of 2021. Spring makes little sense.

4 1

HoosierUte
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierute

Im curious whatvthe argument against some sort of spring season would be, other than we arent used to it in the spring? Id take something over nothing, even if it’s a short season

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Off the top of my head training camps, eligibility, and other sports schedules are a few.

1 2

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

I don’t see how spring would be an issue for training camps, eligibility, or other sports schedule. Open camp early March, players get waivers from the ncaa which it already plans to do, and nobody cares about other sports except basketball and that’s over by end of March most teams anyway. Those are pretty easy problems

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Everything Tony said, plus a six month turn around to start next season isn’t long enough.

1 1

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

Isn’t long enough for what exactly?

Hellhound152
              Ute Fan
              @hellhound152

Agreed, I think if they went 8 games in February/March of 21 and followed it up with 8 games in October/November 21 with normal conference championships and a playoff in the “second” 21 season it could work.  Essentially two extra games for all but 10 p5 teams in the calendar year.

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

Hellhound, that’s a good point. It could work with shortened seasons and no bowl games after the spring season. Although, they’d still be cutting it close to the combine/draft.

Hellhound152
                  Ute Fan
                  @hellhound152

I am sure college football’s “partners” at the NFL would trade 8 games of recent tape for an abbreviated combine and pushing the draft back 1 month.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

What do you think?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Dan Patrick saying tomorrow it will be announced.