Definition of “little brother”

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I’m sorry – I couldn’t resist this.
      I stopped visiting the Cougar board last December because it is so full of hate. Well, I made the mistake of visiting the CB site today. On the front page of this site – they display the top ten posts (most likes). Nine of the top ten posts dealt directly with the Utes or with the potential fall of the PAC12. So, 90% of their top posts dealt with their rival. To me, this is the definition of “little brother” when it comes to a rivalry.
      I doubt any PAC12 fan site has more posts about the future of the PAC12 than the Cougar Board. They are absolutely obsessed with the demise of our conference. Somehow this makes them feel better about themselves.
      I do not know who these posters on the CB are. They are angry, and hateful, and seem more concerned with any Ute failure than a Cougar success. The odd thing about this is that the Cougar fans that I know personally are not at all like this. They cheer for, and support their team as they should, but are not obsessed with the downfall of the Utes. Some of my best friends are BYU fans. When I tell them some of the things that are posted on the CB, they are embarrassed.
      In any event – Go Utes!!!

3 6

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

How is this post any different?

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

It’s only one post.  Not 9 out of 10.

1 8

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

4 of the 6 new topics today are about TSPP or the Big12. 4 out of 6 is not much better than 9 of 10.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I post on this board a lot.  95% of my posts have nothing to do with BYU.  They are about Utah sports, mostly Utah football.  I did say that I couldn’t resist.  I do not want to start a bunch of anti BYU threads.

2 6

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

I’m well aware that you post lots of things about the Utes, and are a quality contributor to this board. My post was not intended as a shot at you… I just think posting about BYU on our board about how they post about us on their board is a bit ironic.

ProudUte
            Ute Fan
            @proudute

In retrospect – I probably shouldn’t have posted what I did.  I did not want to start any controversy on this wonderful board.  I just found it so funny that the majority of their top posts are anti-Ute posts.  I have never posted anything that is anti BYU players, recruits, administration, or coaches on this board.  My only anti-BYU posts have dealt with the infamous Cougar board.

Waybackutefan
              Ute Fan
              @waybackutefan

I think your post is fine, you pretty much nailed the vitriolic attitude of lots of those people who live on that board. 

The only one who seems to have a proble with it, is the new Dystopianmembrane.

2 3

chinngiskhaan
              Ute Fan
              @chinngiskhaan

Relax friend. Your post wasn’t bad, I just found it a tad ironic, thats all. You are one of the few posters that keep this place alive when it isn’t football season.

Waybackutefan
        Ute Fan
        @waybackutefan

Read fail.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Definition of “little brother”