Deion Sanders claims that a god told him to coach an FCS school

Viewing 3 reply threads
      1 4

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Deion Sanders will be the next head football coach at Jackson State, he announced Sunday on his new podcast.

“God called me to Jackson State,” Sanders said on the first episode of “21st & Prime,” according to a transcription by the Clarion Ledger.

espn.com article

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

OK.

5 2

salty-ute
      Ute Fan
      @salty-ute

why t f does it matter so much to you that someone’s worldview involves a god having some oversight and influence on his/her life?

1 4

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I simply find such things interesting. There are probably some things that you find interesting that others question in a similar fashion.

3 1

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

Honestly, I bet you find a lot of things simply interesting and 99.9% of them you don’t post on UteHub

1 5

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

It’s interesting. It’s like someone saying, “my flat earth research has told me to buy stock in IBM” or “I read all the research on anti-vaccination and I’ve decided that my anti-vaccination peeps have told me to move into the woods” or “I was talking to Zeus and he said I should become a plumber” or “Thor visited me in a dream last night and now I’m moving to Missouri” or “Satan told me to bake you some cookies because you might be down” or “Hera told me to cheat on my wife and so I’m gonna do it” or “my dog told me to take the job offered last night”.

Just a weird way to make a decision, that’s all. 

1 4

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Those things all make more since than a 14 year old boy digging up golden plates, never showing any proof, looking in a hat to translate them, marrying little girls, and millions of people saying…yup that checks out. I’m following that guy.

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’ll never mock someone believing in a God until Science can explain the beggining of time to me.  Religion can’t explain it, niether can science.  Until one can, I will not mock either.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

Someone gave a thumbs down to a Stephen Hawking lecture. 🙂

pedro
              Ute Fan
              @pedro

LOL.  That explained nothing in regards to the question at hand.  “Since events before the Big Bang have no observational consequences, one may as well cut them out of the theory, and say that time began at the Big Bang.”

OK, so where did the material come from that led up to the big bang.  What established these ‘dynamic laws or our universe’.  Did all this just magically appear one day and bam, big bang?  Hawkins simply choose to ignore things before the big bang because he cannot explain it.

The fact that you cannot create matter where matter did not exist before is actually one of these dynamic laws Hawking refers to.  Yet that very law disolves any superiority complex either science or religion can have over the other.  

Next……!

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’m happy for him. Hope he enjoys coaching!

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Agreed. The SWAC is a fun conference to follow, tradition, marching bands, history, etc.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Deion Sanders claims that a god told him to coach an FCS school