jobjohnsen8
      Ute Fan
      @jobjohnsen8

WasatchRanger
      Ute Fan
      @luke8675

Former 4* recruit out of Georgia.

247 Profile

Played at Georgia Tech the last two seasons, and spent his freshman year at Mississippi State. Averaged 8 Points, 5.6 rebounds, and 3.7 assists per game last year. 

ESPN Stats

DrJazzy
      Ute Fan
      @docute

Nice. He sounds like he infuses some much needed athleticism! 

WasatchRanger
        Ute Fan
        @luke8675

@DrJazzy Just watched some highlights. Seems like he’s comfortable with the ball in his hand, and a willing passer. Not very efficient. But in terms of athleticism, check out the dunk below!

Dunk

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Very good, much needed news for BB fans. Now, back to work on the other scholarships to fill. Another wing player?

2 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

The only athletic pg we had left so this is good even if he can’t shoot 

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

So he will sit on the bench until the end of the season where he will play in one game and go off and then transfer at the end of the season? Just a joke, this is a good pick up. Athletic AF

WasatchRanger
        Ute Fan
        @luke8675

This guy has a longer, and in my opinion better, track record than he who was not quite named. That being said, the profiles are pretty similar. Hopefully Coach Smith finds a way to get the most out of Deivon and what he brings to the table.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

If you are confussed, and most of us were, you might want to wonder for a moment why he was on the bench. He had skills Craig needed so we can value that coach did not throw him under the bus before we assume coach had no idea how to get him into the game. 

WasatchRanger
      Ute Fan
      @luke8675

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

FYI, I just renewed by MBB season tickets. 2 lower bowl season tickets cost me the same as 1 ticket to 1 football game.

beaslad
        Ute Fan
        @beaslad

That is so crazy (and sad) to hear. I remember my days at the U we had to camp outside the Hunty for tickets to BB games and if we happened to wander over to the stadium and there was a football game we MIGHT go inside for a couple minutes just to see what’s going on.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

So true. In the 70s you needed a good plan to get into a BB game. For FB students needed only to show up at game time and 2 students could enter with a camp cooler that took two seats.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Deivon Smith commits!!