Did We Play The #1 NFL Pick

Viewing 5 reply threads

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

So lots of talk about Anthony Richardson working his way into the number 1 pick. Could be interesting he did I think have his best all around game against the UTES. Just bad timing for us or the D was not ready for him?

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I would laugh my butt off if he got picked that high. Dude is not a good QB. He’s fine, buthe is a less accurate cam newton.

DrJazzy
        Ute Fan
        @docute

Physically he is a god. The arm talent is legit. The accuracy, field vision, pocket presence – all lacking…but can be taught. Maybe. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Loved “…laugh my butt off…”

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I went to that game and, i think, a lot of factors came into play that contributed to the loss. One, it was the first game of the season. Two, it was an away game. Three, Florida was hyped up seeing it was the first game of the Napier regime. Four, the game was played in front of almost 92000 fans. I mention that because I don’t think any current Ute probably ever played in front of crowd that size. And you’re right, Richardson played out of his mind. So much so that a lot of the annoying fans around us were already touting him for the Heisman.

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

I’m not sure who will go number 1, but CJ stroud throws one of the best balls I have ever seen live. So many times in that RB game I felt our guys were in really good position he just threw the ball in the only spot where the receiver could get it.

DrJazzy
        Ute Fan
        @docute

Watching him throw at the combine – his arm looked pretty bad. Not super strong…but that’s just combine. 

Logical Sporter
        Ute Fan
        @logicalsporter

Shroud has a better nfl QB future. If AR is picked that high he’ll fail, because he won’t be given the time to develop in the NFL. He’d likely be thrust into starting and be outta the league in 2-3 years.

But he’s going to make $30-50 million 😂😂

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

I watched all the QBs at the combine and CJ Stroud’s arm really stood out.  He has the cannon but he also has touch and accuracy that many of the others sorely lacked.  He looked like an NFL starter and the rest all looked like projects or decent backups.  

gogotwo
      Ute Fan
      @gogotwo

How does JQJ compare to him physically?

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

Definitely a project but high potential. Amazing athlete but needs at least a year with a good qb coach. Better if he’s behind a veteran for a year and not rushed or he will pick up back habits and lose confidence. Just seems like it’d turn into a 6TD/14INT season.

Doesn’t make sense for a team that needs a qb now to take the risk. But someone will either do it and know this year will still be bad.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Did We Play The #1 NFL Pick