Doctored?

Viewing 2 reply threads
      3 4

zeous
      Ute Fan
      @zeous

How doctored do you think this video is?  Seems like there’s a few spots at least where different questions could be dubbed in over the original ones, in order to misrepresent the context of the answers.  Some seem fairly genuine.

I had to look up who this Horowitz guy is:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ami_Horowitz.  Controversial.  But how much of what the individuals say for themselves in the video is real, if any? 

Why are they here if they would rather live in a Muslim country?  What is stopping them from moving to Somolia or Saudi Arabia?  I can’t imagine it is anything Americans are doing that is preventing that move, but maybe someone here knows something about it. 

6 4

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

You spelled Somalia incorrectly.  Nobody wants to go to Somalia  it doesn’t have that thing you hate.  A functional government.  It does have pirates and STD’s.  Have you considered going there for a vacation? Perhaps if you vouch for the quality of life there they’d take your suggestion and go there?

4 5

zeous
        Ute Fan
        @zeous

Nobody wants to?  My suggestion?  So… are you saying you think the people in the video who said they would rather live in *Somalia* than here (Minnesota), are lying?  Or maybe they are paid actors?  Or the video was doctored to make it look like they said that?  Or that I, some random internet jackal, have secretly unlocked the mystery of time travel and went back to before this video was shot and suggested to these people that *Somalia* and Saudia Arabia really are better places to live than Minnesota, and that my powers of persuasion are so strong that I convinced them?  Helluva conspiracy theory, man.

Or maybe you just didn’t listen to what they had to say.  I’m with you on this, from what I know of *Somalia*, I wouldn’t want to live there.  So it surprised me to hear a few say they’d rather live there than in Minnesota. 

So, still… why can’t they go?  What on earth is keeping them in Minnesota?  Lack of money for the move?  A religious mandate from Allah to live in Minnesota, given through Allah’s representative?  I don’t know.  I find it interesting, though.  I can’t imagine that immigrating from America to Somalia would have many obstacles other than money for a plane or boat ride.

2 5

PorterRockwell
          Ute Fan
          @porterrockwell

I didn’t watch your video  I’m not fixated on the refugees like you are  as long as they leave me alone I leave them alone.  Pretty simple concept.  

I don’t get your apparent fear of them but to each his own.  

5 6

zeous
            Ute Fan
            @zeous

So you choose to be ignorant.  Makes no difference to me.  It does makes you look foolish when you try to argue from a position of ignorance, though.  And I agree with you, live and let live. 

However, not all people believe in ‘live and let live’.  Assuming that everyone does think and act that way is quite naive.

2 4

PorterRockwell
              Ute Fan
              @porterrockwell

Lol I don’t choose to be ignorant. I choose not to watch what you post because your agenda in posting video like this appears to be to stir things up.  My apologies if I’m wrong.  

4 1

UteThunder
                Ute Fan
                @utethunder

Few people choose to be ignorant, it’s just the way they are. Good on you, PorterRockwell, for admitting it.

Minnesota Ute
        Ute Fan
        @minnesotaute

Buried thread, but you might still see and I can’t not address it because it is the single most annoying mischaracterization of libertarians and constitutional conservatives, and I wish you would stop throwing it around as fact.  We are not opposed to “a functional government”.  In fact we believe that freedom requires a system to protect life liberty and property.  Anarchists believe that private systems could/would naturally be set up for this if the government were out of the way.  But that is a fringe idea, most mainstream libertarians and constitutional conservatives simply believe that a government that is closest to the people is more likely to be responsive and controlled by the will of the people, which is where government is derived as the constitution describes.  It talks about powers not herein granted be reserved to the states and the people.  That is all we are talking about, that the federal government has become a self serving leviathan that should be reigned in.  There is ample evidence that the federal government is producing less than optimum results including exacerbating recessions, manipulating currency, colluding with Wall St and big banks, manipulating markets, producing political wealth beyond measure.  We simply want to see us reverse course in that direction.  But I guess that doesn’t fit on your hating bumper sticker.

6 3

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

dead horse

Viewing 2 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Doctored?