does having the NFL back in LA hurt USC football?

Viewing 2 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

and to a lesser degree UCLA football.  I think it does, especially considering the success of the Rams.

Imagine if the Jazz left Salt Lake City, I think the interest/attendance in college basketball here jumps significantly.  When you look at the premier football and basketball schools across the country, very few of them have to compete with professional sports.  

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Playing devils advocate, the greater Los Angeles area has 19M people compared to SLC’s 1-2M. While the Rams will cause some uninterest in the Trojans, potentially, will that equate to recruiting woes or have an effect on wins? Not sure, I’m thinking who they have as a head coach will be the biggest difference and I’m perplexed that USC doesn’t have one of the top 5 coaches in the whole country as their head coach. Not complaining. But don’t understand why.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

LA is a front runner kind of town. (Most towns are.) Put a high quality product on the field and people will attend.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football does having the NFL back in LA hurt USC football?