Does Rising have a tell?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

So it’s that time of year that I start craving college football and start watching highlights from the previous year. Someone tell me if I’m crazy, or if Rising gives away the play call pre-snap. Every time he is in the shotgun, he starts leaning back about a half second before the snap on pass plays. He doesn’t do this when he hands it off. Anyone else notice this?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Interesting observation. Good for the film room.

In my humble high school days playing football, there was a quarterback we played against who while under center would open his closed hands before the snap. We keyed off of that and killed them all day. 

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I’ve noticed this too. He begins leaning back at the same time he starts to clap to initiate the snap

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Correct me if I’m wrong, but does he also start his first step back pre-snap on pass plays? Is there both the lean and a step back (looks like a false start) in his tell?

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Yeah I think a lot of the time he could definitely get called for a false start. I’m surprised other teams haven’t caught onto this (or maybe they have and he’s just good at improvising). Like Tony said, it’s something that probably belongs in the film room. I can’t imagine our coaches haven’t picked up on it if random fans can see it.

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

Well, now he does!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Oregon DC be like: Pfft as if…didn’t even notice it. 

He will pre snap decide to go to Kincaid and Kuithe a lot. It works well enough most of the time. But there are those times when you just want to start biting dry wall. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Does Rising have a tell?