Doom And Gloom

Viewing 8 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Why Are ute Fans always so full of doom and gloom… We will be fine this year.

FL is traveling, new QB, yes they have two talented backs, but we have a talented front 7 and even better safeties. The game plan for both teams will be the same. Ground and pound, play great D. If this game with the same rosters was being played in Gainesville I think FL wins… But here, our guys are confident, familiar and will surrounded by a sea of red.

Barnes is super limited. But, he is smart, tough and knows the playbook like the back of his hand. Johnson will be mixed in and that kat is dangerous. We have 4 count them 4 legit backs. With Johnson being one of the best in the QB and a very experienced very deep O-line. Barnes whole plan is don’t make mistakes. thats all he has to do..

On D super Deep and there QB isn’t much better. At UW he was super vanilla. So you’re telling me that not he’s going to be amazing ? no, he’s a more talented version of Barnes. Game Manager. We are at home our D is going to be solid. Altitude, crowd etc. NOW, Because we won’t have Rising or Kuithe itll be close. But Utah lives for those games. That’s out MO that’s what we do. I am way more concerned for Baylor and if Rising isn’t ready fir UCLA. We need Rising at 90 percent whatever for pac 12 and Kuithe, maybe play them both a little against Weber just to get the cobwebs off. But, we should be fine v FL as long as we don’t turn the ball over.. That’s the key. We will contain the run and i DOUBT Hertz can beat us with his arm against our long CB’s Baylor is scarier than these guys. That being said it will be close. I think we blow them out if Rising and Kuithe were playing.

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

It is so funny and maybe ironic that we are probably the most pessimistic fan base when it really get down to it but when we talk about re-alignment and the Big 12 we morph to the point that every Big 12 fan base thinks we are the most c**ky and delusional fan base of all time. But our true colors come out as games get closer, and in particular during the beginning of games.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

It’s because the Big 12’s perception of us has been shaped by PigBusDork and BYU fans…basically the worst of the worst.

It’s just some BYU projection Pig trying to compensate. The world will right itself here soon enough.

Dallas
          Ute Fan
          @dallas

“America’s team” we are.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

No gloom and doom for me. I have posted consistently that I think we can still beat Florida and Baylor without Rising. And, if we don’t – oh well.

Are we better with Rising? Absolutely!

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

I think it is mostly because people were talking up the team and Rising’s recovery all summer. Now that the games are closer, we are realizing that people were probably being overly optimistic.

Add to that our rough schedule and things may not turn out as well as some fans think they will.

Or… Utah will go undefeated 😉.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

We can’t help it

5 1

Herk
      Ute Fan
      @herk

I just like to temper my expectations for an upcoming season until I see the team play a couple games. No doom and gloom from me but I’m not drinking the kool-aid yet.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

I wonder how much of our fan base’s tendency to temper expectations is a reaction to the zoobs’ perennial overestimation of their team.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

To be fair, Utah is 0-5 in our last 5 P5 non-conference games (Florida, Penn St., Ohio State, Texas, Northwestern).

It’d be nice if we picked up a couple wins in that column this year.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Four of those were bowl games and the other one was an away game where the other team had the largest opening game crowd in its history.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

so you’re saying that Whitt had plenty of time to prepare for those 5 losses? I mean, we are talking about the coach who everyone in the country was afraid to play with 2 weeks of rest aren’t we.,,

I can’t believe that I need to put a disclaimer on this post that it is completely in jest but the literal police are out in force as we get closer to the season

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

Four of those were bowl games and the other one was an away game where the other team had the largest opening game crowd in its history.

And…?

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

It’s pretty obvious…they weren’t playing the “Little Sisters of the Poor.” All those teams had better talent and wanted to win those games just as much as Utah. It would be different if you had said that there were 0-5 versus Vanderbilt, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, and Kansas.

TX_UTE
      Ute Fan
      @dleemiller

For fans of Ted Lasso, this thread reminds me of the last episode of season 1, entitled “The hope that kills you”!

As always, Go Utes!

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Doom And Gloom