Ducks are killing it again this year with recruiting

Viewing 6 reply threads
      2 6

whitlessham
      Ute Fan
      @whitelssham

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Season/2020-Football/Commits/

Already eight 4 star commits…  

I’m sorry but “coaching up” will never match this type of talent.  After this year, winning a PAC12 championship is a locked door for Utah unless they can get the correct coaches in place to win some of these battles.

13 4

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Go cheer for the Ducks then.

8 4

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

So I know this reply is going to get downvoted to hell, but I truly don’t get the attitude that we can’t be critical of Utah’s shortcomings. I get that Whitlessham is a bit of a troll, but he also makes good points alot of the time (albeit with not very good tact). 

Fact is, Utah does have shortcomings (shocker!). Recruiting has been one of them. We won’t be able to get to the next level without better recruiting. Period. Stop. 

Kirk Kettner
        Ute Fan
        @cwatkins02

We just need you to start a multi-billion dollar shoe/apparel company and then invest a ton of your money into the program and we will be right up there with Oregon. 

5 2

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

This kind of post comes up every year and pretty much every year we get better recruits than years prior. I’m tired of his schtick. And he’s made maybe two good points between his three usernames on two sites.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Our recruiting is good enought to win the Pac12 and potentially get a Playoff bid.  Watch and see.  

1 4

whitlessham
          Ute Fan
          @whitelssham

…..once every other decade.

After this year we’ll fall back in line.  This coming season is a “stars align” opportunity- four NFL players  come back for the Utes and the PAC12 is as weak as it’s ever been.  This may not happen again in our lifetime

Oregon and WA are recruiting in the top 15. and USC can turn it around in a second.  Utah’s “glory days” are  upon us right now… it’s all or nothing.   

My hope is that some how, some way Utah can get to the Rose Bowl and Kwhitt can ride off into the sunset feeling he accomplished his goals.

This new Utah AD ( forgot his name) has a couple of career defining coaching replacements coming up it coach K and kwhit.. does he have the moxie to move Utah forward or will he fall into his comfort zone+ 

AlohaUte
            Ute Fan
            @alohaute

We may fall back a step next season, but this season could also change our long-term fortunes. Winning the Pac-12 or an appearance in the Playoff or Rose Bowl should do wonders for our recruiting and we should see our rankings improve. It’s not like Clemson built into the power it is over night. They took a long time of mediocrity, but they found the right coach, were able to turn decent success into better recruiting and then were able to develop that new talent into a powerhouse. Now, I don’t think that Utah is the next Clemson by any means, but Whittingham has proven to be a hell of a talent developer and we have a chance here to be a power in the Pac-12 for a very long time.

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Utah’s not making it to the playoffs. Lay off the koolaid.

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

Image result for a like the cut of your jib

2 1

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I upvoted for the useful content regardless of the name of the posting individual.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

What are you talking about? We have taken a step to the next level. Last year we made the P12 Champ game for the first time and this year we should again and we will likely be Top-15 pre-season this year. I swear, some Utah fans are as annoyingly pessimistic as some BYU fans are annoyingly optimistic.

whitlessham
          Ute Fan
          @whitelssham

Just saying that the average recruiting is setting the stage for a very average program.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

What is your solution then? What is anyone’s solution? Other than “git gud.” Good lord, Utah is improving year over year and y’all still find time to bitch.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

This is the same scenario we have always faced.  We will never out recruit USC, Oregon, Stanford or Washington(at least not consistently).  Our biggest positive in our program is player development, which Whitt is superb at.  The fact that we compete with these teams on a regular basis shows how good our staff is at getting our guys ready to play.  

We are only 7 years removed from being a Mountain West team and we are already a better program than half the teams in our conference.  The only smaller market team that outdoes us is Oregon.  There are a few things that you can be critical of, but we outperform our recruiting rankings all the time and outplay teams with more 4 and 5* kids on a pretty regular basis.  

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

No doubt about it we’ve done very well considering our weaknesses. 

I do dispute the idea that we will never outrecruit USC, Oregon, Stanford, or Washington. Stanford was a dumpster fire for years and years. Then Harbaugh came along and changed everything. 

I think we are on the right path. Outperform expectations which leads to more recognition and improved recruiting. That’s the formula to become a top tier program. That makes 2019 such a crucial year for us. If we can get to the Pac 12 championship again and prove to recruits that we can sustain success I think it will help immensely. 

ProvoUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @provoutefan

That, plus find our own Phl Knight who’s willing & able to donate millions to the Utah athletic budget year after year.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

We need the Marriott’s or Huntsman’s to take on their own Phil Knight mantle.

COFfrom83
      Ute Fan
      @coffrom83

who are you going to get to replace him? Do you think this is any more a dream destination for a coach than for a recruit? You think Urban is coming back? maybe Wells from Texas Tech, GA from USU, or maybe we can lure Donko away from VA? Is it the coach as you infer or what the school offers?

We’re already paying top 10 money for a middle of the pack basketbal coach. We have a good coach who wins consistently and is often mentioned as a candidate for other jobs, but who likes it here. I’ll take that over a stab in the dark every day of the week and twice on Sunday

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Pretty amazing what you can do if you have the money to “convince” players to sign with your program.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ducks are killing it again this year with recruiting