Ducks in no lose situation tonight

Viewing 7 reply threads

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

I can see the Ducks coming out much looser than the Utes in the first quarter of tonight’s game. The national media has been all about the Utes when it comes to the PAC 12 since Oregon’s loss to ASU. If Oregon wins, they are in the Rose Bowl, if they lose, there is also a very good chance they end up in the Rose Bowl (if Utes get in to the CFP).

There’s going to be a lot of pressure on the Utes to perform, which isn’t always the best scenario to play under. These are just kids, afterall. 

That all being said… GO UTES, BEAT THE DUCKS!!!!

Utes win 35-28

SorryWife
      Ute Fan
      @sorrywife

I’ve definitely had the same thoughts. The Ducks are in a much better scenario pressure wise. One thing that may equalize that though will be the weather, with wind now being reported to pick up as the game goes on mixed with rain I think that TD’s are going to be a premium tonight. I see Utah winning a closer 17-21 type game. I cannot wait for this game to be in Vegas. 

javadave
        Ute Fan
        @javadave

Utes really need to get off to a good start of offense. Don’t want to get behind on the Ducks in this one.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Counterpoint, they also have very little to play for and can think. Eh, we get the rose bowl either way. Motivation is a tricky thing. Besides, we have been in this game before. They haven’t. I think we will be fine. Them who bloody knows.

javadave
        Ute Fan
        @javadave

Good point, but Oregon may be playing with chip on their shoulder since they are likely not feeling the respect they think they deserve. That should be enough motivation in itself.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

I agree. Ducks blew it with ASU loss. Win or lose they are probably in the same bowl.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Or, a not that motivated after the ASU loss. Coaching from the couch….Utes need the ASU/OS version of Oregon to show up. If the Utes are as good as advertised and are at the level of competing with the top 4 teams, this game needs to be a two score win. Oline looked awful with run blocking last week. My only concern is they get pushed around like Colorado did to them. I suspect OU will stack the box with their mix of odd and even fronts and try to shut down the run. It is no secret Utah does not have any go to talent at WR (no BT hurts) so OU will man up on the wideouts and pay more attention to the TE. As Utah plays better teams, these weaknesses become more of a factor. No turnovers, a faster start, and wearing down the ducks late in the game, Utes win by 10 to 14 points! Go Utes!

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I’m really worried about this game. I think it’s a toss up, and yah Oregon doesn’t have much to lose in this game. Either outcome.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utah has been in a no lose situation since after the USC game. Utah is even more in a no lose situation. You lose you end up with some s**tty bowl game again and seniors who won’t play because they came back for the P12 Ship.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ducks in no lose situation tonight