Ducks or WSU

Viewing 7 reply threads

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

I didn’t realize that if WSU wins at OU on Sat they will control their own destiny in the North, both teams would have a 5-2 conference record and WSU with the tiebreaker.  WSU is coming off a bye and won 4 of their last 5 (loss was against tds without coaches by 2 points).  Last win was impressive at ASU before the bye week.

That being said do we wan’t WSU to win?  I’d rather have a top 4 OU team at RES on the 20th but I would love to play WSU for a trip to the Roses.  A loss to WSU and Utah would send them spiraling!!  

16 1

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I just want to win the PAC 12 championship game regardless of the oponent. Let’s do this! I’d like to see the Ute running game smash either team. 

Tomasina
      Ute Fan
      @tomasina

While I agree with Ute Dub, from a personal standpoint I want Oregon to win… just so that our win over them will hurt as much as our conference title loss did for us a couple of years ago.  I enjoy beating Oregon so much more than Washington State.

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

Have to root for Oregon. Gives us a better higher-profile opponent and also makes the conference look better.

The ACC has been weak for years, but nobody notices because Clemson has been so dominant. If we want the PAC12 getting more respect, it doesn’t happen by parity, it happens by a few teams standing out as top quality on a national level. Oregon (and USC) have the ability to do that a lot more than WSU.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

It’s going to be a tall order for either Utah or Oregon to beat the other twice within two weeks in order to reach their respective ceilings.

It’s exciting that there’s a lot to play for. Utah is operating a playoff-caliber offense right now and though that ship has sailed, we’ve got a mini-playoff about to happen in the PAC 12. For this reason, I’m fine taking a neutral stance on how the North Division plays out. Oregon’s playoff ceiling crashes with 1 loss and if that happens this week vs. Wazzu, it doesn’t change Utah’s course to get to the PAC 12 Championship. I also don’t think that the only respectable pathway to the Rose Bowl must go through Oregon twice. An Oregon loss this weekend would muddy the picture in the North, but whether the opponent in the PAC 12 championship were to be Wazzu, OSU or Oregon, at this point in the season, I think there’s a lot of parity amongst those 3 teams. So, may the best team win.

I just hope that if Utah goes to Vegas on Dec. 3, about 40-50K fans will follow on a Friday.

I’ve been to both of Utah’s previous PAC 12 Championship games and while it still sucks that the game this year is on a Friday, I am so happy it won’t be in Santa Clara – what a terrible decision that has been for the PAC 12.

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

If the goal is winning a first PAC-12 championship and getting to a first Rose Bowl then I am a WSU Cougar fan. Although, as I’ve said before I believe there is special Karma with this team (TJ/AL). Maybe beating OU in Dec. is in the cards.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

If you want to “earn” a trip to the Rose Bowl, you root for Oregon.  But if you want to “back in” to the Rose Bowl, you root for Wazzu.

Go Ducks.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Go Ducks!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ducks or WSU