Ellis gone for the rest of the year.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Season ending, per Whitt. Reid might be back for a bowl game, Bishop may play next week.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

What happened to Ellis?

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Season ending injury, per Whittingham. You know he never says why.

2 6

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Well, last week surely was the last time that we saw Jonah in a Utah uniform. The only caveat to that is if the injury was of the type that requires a long period of rehabilitation.

tanute3
        Ute Fan
        @tanute3

Disagree, I think he comes back next year (regardless of injury)

4 7

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Are you kidding me? Do you track NFL draft ratings of college players? Ellis, prior to his injury, was rated as a low 1st RD – high 2nd RD draft pick by PFF. Why in the world would he come back and risk a catastrophic injury that would ruin his draft stock? He’s gone and you can book it.

1 2

tanute3
            Ute Fan
            @tanute3

Just because you constantly love to speak with such absolute certainty, I’m setting a reminder in my phone for Jan 15th (deadline to declare for the draft) to bring this up again. We’ll see who’s right lol 😂

3 1

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

LOL…all I ask is that you don’t ghost me when that date comes, because you specifically have been MIA for long periods as that championship season that you predicted went up in a puff of smoke…but remember my caveat…if the injury is one that requires a long period of rehabilitation, I agree that he’ll be back. LOL…regarding my delivery, facts don’t give a s**t about your feelings. You should get used to that. If you did a simple Google search on Ellis, you’d see that a few drafting sites have already penciled him in going to various teams in the 2024 NFL draft. But, oh yeah, Tanute doesn’t want him to go to the NFL until 2025 so let’s scratch that.

Rick
                Ute Fan
                @utebiquitous

I don’t know Miami – long term injury or not, I think Ellis returns. He loves the environment and there are people in his ear telling him to enjoy college because the NFL is so different. By the way, Lander Barton will be having similar conversations after next season. He’ll be eligible and, I imagine, highly rated; but I wonder if his brothers encourage him to stay or to go. Obviously, it will be his decision but they may weigh in encouraging him to stay. It may depend on the level of success the team achieves in 2024.

1 1

The Miami Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @themiamiute

Rick, you’re not wrong. There are pros/cons to every situation. I remember when Herbert came back for his senior season at Oregon when everyone thought that he would leave. However, college football has changed so drastically in such a short time because of NIL that I wonder if the “college experience” really still exists for elite athletes like Elliss.

I guess we’ll find out pretty soon what he’ll do. If he does return, I’ll duly apologize to Tanute. I have to imagine that for every person that’s telling Jonah to return, there’s at least two that have a vested interest in seeing him go to the NFL. Personally, if professional scouting services are rating him as a low 1st RD/high 2nd RF pick, I don’t know how you pass that up. The money could be in the $12-18M range, easily beating whatever he’s getting via NIL.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ellis gone for the rest of the year.