ESPN ranking the bowls top 40…

Viewing 3 reply threads
      1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Can’t believe there are that many bowls. Some people want a 16 team playoff? Good hell the regular season would be meaningless. Anyways this writer is picking Texas. Utah is number 9 out of 40

Utah had its playoff hopes crushed in the Pac-12 championship game, while Texas had its playoff dreams end some time in 2012. But unlike Utah, which rarely gets much preseason hype, a Texas win here can officially gas up the Longhorns’ bandwagon for 2020. Texas is back, baby! You heard it here first.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Even ESPN is saying They so Poo poo isn’t a P5 now.

28. SoFi Hawai’i Bowl

Hawai’i vs. They so Poo Poo
      Dec. 24, 8 p.m., ESPN/ESPN App
      Aloha Stadium, Honolulu

No Power 5 schools here, but They so Poo Poo and Hawaii were a combined 4-2 vs. the big boys this year (with wins over Arizona, Oregon State, Tennessee and USC). Besides, what else are you going to do at 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve? Assemble toys and spend time with family? Don’t be silly.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

At the beginning of this season a lot of pundits were saying “Texas is back!!”.  Sam Ehlinger was going to be the Second Coming right up until he became an afterthought, miles behind Tua, Burrow, Brewer, Hurts, etc.   Well he is pretty darn good but didn’t get the big plays for the big wins this year when it counted.  Arguably he ended up being about the 3rd or 4th best in the Big12.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

“TEXAS IS BACK”. Also the headline for the past forever years. They are like USC in similarity for the past few seasons. Tons of talent and history. At least USC can claim they got sanctioned during their bleakness. They still passed on Orgeron so I can’t decide which program is dumber. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Having re-read that in the context of the rest of that article I recognize he’s being very sarcastic with the Texas is back statement.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Can’t believe there are that many bowls. Some people want a 16 team playoff?

So we spend 8 months out of the year pining for more football, wishing there was more football, complaining that there’s not enough football…and then when someone proposes a plan that would create more football, we say that it’s a bad idea. Good hell. SMH.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I think six is a big enough playoff. I don’t watch the playoff unless Utah is involved. I only watch Utah football and the occasional PAC12 team during the season. I watched the Auburn Bama game because it was relevant to Utah. 

16 team playoff?  Better pay those kids and I want the ncaa shut down and out of football by then. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN ranking the bowls top 40…