Excited to see Colorado invest in football again

Viewing 4 reply threads

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

beckrich73
      Ute Fan
      @beckrich73

Awesome video. Maybe now Colorado will become a legitimate rival.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

I’m really interested to see how this works.  I truly think Colorado is a 2-3 year project for “Coach Prime.”  His presence alone has breathed new life into that program and already there seems to be a renewed vigor in Boulder, which on the whole is a very good thing.

When he was first introduced as Jackson State’s head coach I was really impressed with his opening press conference.  He just seemed like the perfect fit for a guy wanting to bring attention to HBCUs.  He did that and was very successful but now he’s leaving all that behind and I’m not sure how well his schtick will hold up at this level.  I’m sure he’ll get a lot of really good players to commit and/or transfer into the program but again I don’t expect him to be at Colorado long.  Which either means he turned it around quickly or failed miserably.

Best of luck to him and the Buffs but I hope this time next year whatever film crew that follows him around cuts a video of him scolding his team for not being near Utah’s level of play.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Yeah, I thought his whole stated reason for getting into coaching was for lifting up the HBCU, so this changes his narrative as CU is, of course, not an HBCU, in fact last time I was on campus, the student body seemed to be primarily white or Asian.  Not blaming him for going for the higher paid/more visible gig, but it is a change from his narrative.  It’ll be interesting to see how supportive CU is in supporting Deion’s recruiting/admission as they have high academic admission standards;  I assume they are much higher than Jackson State, though not sure what allowances they make for athletes and/or diversity/equity reasons.  Already he’s assuming he can just transfer in his best players from JSU.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Sign idea for next year’s game when we clap them by 30: “Hey coach Prime…I thought your luggage was Louis?”

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

He gives me Mike Leach vibes. Maybe it’ll go well, but if it doesn’t he seems like the type to throw every player under the bus.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Excited to see Colorado invest in football again