Feeling nervous

Viewing 8 reply threads

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

I’m sure they are, but I hope our team is prepped for the swamp. The more I think about it the more nervous I get. The crowd is gonna be extremely hostile, traveling 2,000 miles and yes heat/humidity won’t help. I just think back to how we’ve faired in true away games last year and it wasn’t great. Different team yes but boy I’m nervous. I hope we can get out of there with a W. Go Utes!

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

You are not alone on this, my friend.  When I think of the things riding on this one game it makes me ultra-nervous.  

Playoff consequences

Pac12 vs SEC

First game (setting the tone for the rest of the season)

Program validation

You might even say this game will impact our TV negotiations

15 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Being a Utah fan is a lifelong journey. I try not to think about any one game or season as more important than those previous and those yet to come.
      All is fragile. We are lucky to have an athletics program that makes us so proud across multiple sports and seasons, a program that uplifts our often busy and tumultuous lives.
      Utah is always there.
      We will have many ups and downs to come; enjoy that ride. Go, Utes.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

i vote to kick whoever downvoted this off the board

salty-ute
      Ute Fan
      @salty-ute

Agree… I hear a lot of confidence from Ute fans and local media. Keep hearing about how Florida thinks they’re so much better but we’re actually the better team. I feel like it’s a huge task to go in and beat Florida in a season opener. Not to mention we’ve been a slow starting team the last couple years. Think of how we showed up to play BYU last year. I’m not nearly as confident as lots of other Utah fans seem to be.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Kinda like playing at Michigan.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Trying to remember how exciting it would be to play in the swamp any given year. But it does feel uncomfortable not being the underdog.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Comes down to me how KW manages the game if it is tight at the end of the 4th qtr., IMO, one of KW’s weak spots (don’t think it will be close by the 4th qtr.) Special teams play, good to see a new punter, hope to see an improved plan blocking for him that was the main problem last season. Utah’s recent issues of starting slow. Don’t give up big yards on the KO. 

Utah can beat down the vaunted humidity and shut the crowd noise down by starting out fast on offense. Win the TO margin, slow down UFs run game forcing long yardage 3rd downs. Play like a team that’s been there. Utes win by 14 ponts, not a worry.

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

Listening to Bill Riley today. He was pointing out that the game is at 7pm after the sun has gone down. He says. They are predicting 70* at game time. He said it’ll be sticky with the humidity but that hype reguarding how hot it’s going to be are exaggerated. 

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Humidity isn’t quite as bad at 80 degrees which is about what it should be at game time. Should be down into the mid 70s by the end of the game. At that point the humidity is starting to make it feel cooler than it really is. Man I don’t miss the heat/humidity of Virginia. 

thirtyfour-thirtyone
      Ute Fan
      @thirtyfour-thirtyone

Yeah, it’s always a little weird going into games against an opponent who is loaded with top talent, but has been struggling to play good football lately (like when USC is not playing well). 

Utah is a good team this year, and Florida has to stop Tavion Thomas to be successful.  They will also be picking on JaTravis Broughton in the outside passing game because Clark Phillips is on the other side. Those are both a tough task.

We need to stop the inside run game, stop the passes over the middle, and have an effective enough passing game to keep Florida from putting 9+ in the box, and we should do well.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Feeling nervous