First Game Next Year

Viewing 3 reply threads

UtahPilot47
      Ute Fan
      @utahpilot

Do you realize that our first game next year is against BYU in Provo.  Ugh!!!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The games proper place if it must be played. 

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

Yup. 

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

I would much rather have it as game 2 or 3 so we can work out some kinks before we face them. I don’t think we’ve ever looked great in a season opener under Whittingham unless it was against an FCS team.

3 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Well not going to be a popular opinion but TDS is like an fcs team. I know. I know….three quarters they had a three score lead pretty much. Other than Wilson and Kaufusi does Utah want anyone else on that team?  Look at how Utah just wore them down until it was like butter. Credit to TDS and all that jazz but how they lost is pretty damning for the program. 

The sad part is most of them are saying Sitake threw the game because he is still a patron of Whitt’s. The delusions of that fan base!

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

I would take Bushman, I. Kaufusi, Hadley, and probably a few others whose names I can’t recall.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

That catch Bushman made was sweet. I like Fotheringham and Utah’s guys more though. 

UteThunder
                Ute Fan
                @utethunder

Our guys are good, but Bushman has been a bit better IMO. Now, that could be due to our guys being freshmen and Bushman being a sophomore.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

The storyline I will always remember from this game. TDS fans are proud Kaufusi postponed surgery to play in this game. He is soooo soooo tough or he popped pills and they wore off as the game went on. 

I would honestly be really upset if Whitt ever allowed a kid to be played after he said he was done. Player safety always comes first with unpaid athletes.  

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Ah dog, don’t you understand, Utah played their starters all game and BYU played injured and then Utah players deliberately injured their guys. That’s the only reason we won.

I mean sure, we were down our starting QB RB our primary change of pace back in DHC and a bunch of other guys but dammit Shelley was a starter!

UtesRock
        Ute Fan
        @utahrockon

What’s so hard about just saying no.  I did it to my kids many times.

UtesRock
          Ute Fan
          @utahrockon

I’ve reconsidered, If BYU likes losing to Utah every year who are we to deny them that satisfaction. 

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

It will be a good warmup game for Shelley (yes I think he’ll win the starting role).

UtesRock
        Ute Fan
        @utahrockon

Probably should play both in a real game situation.  Might I suggest Shelley for the second half. LOL

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football First Game Next Year