Florida vs UCF

Viewing 3 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Watching Florida in this bowl game leads me to believe we are getting the Gators at an ideal time to start the 2022 season.

With the team we have coming back next year and the continuity of our staff compared to Florida breaking in a new HC and system and we should be able to come out of Gainesville with a nice OOC win to start the season.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Florida is playing without their head coach.  We won’t get THAT Gator team.

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

While I agree with Philadelphia – not sure a new coach is going to be able to make that big of a change in culture in the off-season.

Gators have a bunch of talent and size, but there are undisciplined.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

I realize Florida is playing without their new HC in the bowl game. But next year’s game against Florida reminds me of our 2015 home opener against Michigan. It was Harbaugh’s debut as Michigan’s new HC. And we were much better prepared and further along as a team than Michigan, given their players were adjusting to a new HC/staff/culture and learning a new system. Florida will be in a similar situation in the matchup against us next year, which should give us an advantage. 

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Sounds like this Florida QB is transferring out as well (which makes it kinda weird he’s playing in this game).

That’s disappointing, as he’s…not good.

X723
        Ute Fan
        @x723

They said he is looking to go to UCF maybe.

Danilo
      Ute Fan
      @dan7

One of my best friends is a huge gator fan and I’ve peripherally followed them for a while. They have seemed to be similar to Utah in that they usually have a good defense but their offense is fair at best and their passing game is horrible. He’s always complaining about them not having a good QB

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Does your friend have a really short memory? Trask was in the Heisman conversation in 2020

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Florida vs UCF