Football Season Ticket Transfers (2018 Only)

Viewing 2 reply threads

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

Looks like the U is offering a one-time opportunity to transfer your season tickets for a fee.  Act early to get the best rates.

Dear Season Ticketholder,

The Utah ticket office will be offering ticket transfer windows for football season tickets for the first time since 2008. Our current policy is to only allow transfer between spouses. However, every season we receive multiple requests to offer ticket transfers. In an effort to fulfill these requests, football season ticket holders will have the opportunity to transfer the rights to purchase some or all of their season tickets to any individual. Due to high demand, a per-seat fee is required to process a ticket transfer. This offer will only be available for the 2018 football season and only during the transfer windows below:

Transfer Window

Chair Price

Bleacher Price

Jan 30 – Feb 28

$300/seat

$150/seat

March 1 – March 30

$600/seat

$300/seat

March 31 – Aug 1

Market Rate

Market Rate

All transfers must be complete within the designated window to receive the corresponding price. All fees must be paid prior to the transfer of seats. Please note the current season ticket holder will no longer have rights to renew or purchase transferred tickets in future seasons; those rights will belong to the recipient of the transferred season tickets

To arrange a ticket transfer or for more information, please contact your account representative at 801-587-9894.

Go Utes!

The Utah Ticket Office

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Money grab marketing at its finest. We see a demand and expect to fill it with an arbitrary and high cost. 

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

With USC making $69m renaming the coliseum, how soon before Utah jumps on board and sells naming rights to RES?

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

If you’re attending a game at the United Airlines Coliseum and a late-arriving high-roller wants your seat will you be beat up and dragged out of the stadium?

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

This is just a rumor, so I am looking to see if anyone has confirmation.  I understand that some seats in RES have a substantial CC donation required upfront for the “opportunity” to purchase those season tickets.

So for instance, let’s say Dad has had seats for a long time, then unexpectedly passed away, then those seats go back into the available pool and the family would need to come up with the new donation for the opportunity to purchase those season tickets or the “opportunity” would be offered to another doner. 

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?  The information I have is rumor.

If the above is true, a transfer to a younger member of the family (even with the per seat charges) may be a preferred option.  Would still be nice if a transfer were permitted without the fee.

I know that this is a similar situation to scalping.  The university is trying to get in on some of the value of the transfer so all the value does not go to secondary sellers.

KJU
        Ute Fan
        @kjute

This is exactly what I did a few years ago when they allowed a “one Time offer” to transfer. My six seats are split between my three sons. At the time I did this the ticket agent said that was a smart idea but admitted they couldn’t keep track of people dying. So either transfer them to a younger generation or make sure they know your email and password when you die.

kazute
          Ute Fan
          @kazute

Maybe this should be part of standard estate planning. 🙂

KJU
            Ute Fan
            @kjute

I wonder if the Huntsman estate planned this way.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Football Season Ticket Transfers (2018 Only)