For those paying attention to 1280’s top 60 in 60

Viewing 3 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Top 10 starts today. If it were up to you, what would be your top 10? Be as unbiased as you can.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Idk but they have Kincaid, Daniels and Tafuna outside the top 10 so hell with em

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Yeah having those two outside of the top 10 is bizarre. I’m assuming they did that because they didn’t want to try and justify putting 7 or 8 Utes in the top 10.

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @utebiquitous

I can think of these Utes that should be top ten:

-Rising, Thomas, Kuithe, Kincaid, Daniels, Laumea, Phillips, Tafuna

Just outside of the top ten:

-Diabate, Bishop, Fillinger, Vele

I realize that I just listed eight Utes for a top ten but I see BYU with three players worthy of top ten:

Hall, Nacua, and Barrington. They have a few that would be just outside on my list – Freeland, Wilgar and one of their tight ends (I forget his name).

Fun time of year to think about the talent on this team. I think Reid and Broughton are high level players for us as well and certainly Bernard’s offensive versatility should garner consideration in the top 20. I haven’t actually looked at the 60 in 60 so I don’t know how high the players above rank.

ProudUte
            Ute Fan
            @proudute

Kincaid, Tafuna, Daniels, and Laumea have already been listed.  So, no top ten for them.

Rick
              Ute Fan
              @utebiquitous

Interesting. I can see Kincaid just outside the top ten and perhaps Daniels and Laumea. Tafuna’s the next great Ute at D’Tackle.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I suspect that Phillips may be number one.  Rising will be in the top five and Kuithe will be right in that area too.  Obviously, Tavion will be in the top ten.  Fillinger will be in the top ten too.

USU’s QB will be in the top ten.

BYU will have Hall, Nacua, and two offensive linemen.

I predict the top five will be: Phillips, Rising, Nacua, Hall, and Kuithe.

An interesting thing happened.  This year they allowed fans to vote, but they only gave them 5% of the weight of the vote.  The interesting thing is that not one Ute made the top-ten in the fan vote.  Why?  Because the CB does a good job of promoting this kind of thing and they certainly have an anti-Ute bias.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

By the way, I think Bishop should be in the top ten.  He was listed at 15, which I think is woefully underestimating what he will do.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Because it’s Utah media, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hall #1.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Barrington from BYU was listed as number ten today.  No surprise there.  Their other top lineman, Freeland will be number nine IMO.  Actually, it is quite impressive that BYU will have two linemen in the top ten.  Offensive linemen don’t often make this list.

By process of elimination – Utah will end up with ten of the top fifteen which seems about right.  BYU will have four and USU one.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football For those paying attention to 1280’s top 60 in 60