Frontier?

Viewing 5 reply threads

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Anyone ever flown Frontier? Good experience, bad experience, horrible experience?

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

If you don’t need to be at your destination reliably, it’s a fine cheap option. If you need a luggage or care about where you sit or actually want to go somewhere I’d avoid it.

I flew Frontier once to Denver to buy a car and drive it back. For the $50 flight (no luggage) it was great, but they are notorious for hidden fees and cancellations.

Crow
        Ute Fan
        @crow

My company won’t allow anyone to fly with them. I have my miles with united and fly to south America for work with them

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

I think it depends on how far you are flying. If it’s regional around the west and through Denver airport then I think you will be fine. I have had good luck with Frontier on western united states flights (leaving and returning to SLC through Denver).

If you are going cross country the experience gets much worse. I used to have to fly to Boston on a somewhat regular basis. Every time I flew Frontier, getting to Boston wasn’t a problem, however getting home was. Every time with a Saturday morning return flight I had to take another airline home, usually flying standby. Basically Frontier always got in late to Boston and the flight crew needs a certain amount of rest before they could fly again. Every time the early morning flights got cancelled and because of that any necessary connections would be missed leaving you with no choice unless you were going directly to Denver (their hub) and didn’t need a connection from there to anywhere else.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I’d avoid them at all cost. They are known for hidden fees and terrible customer service (if you can actually talk with a person). I’ve flown them twice and won’t do it again.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I’ve used them 2 times (2 round trips) and never had a bad experience or hidden fees. I have family that also used them and had zero issues. If you are traveling light you’ll be fine.

NashvilleUte
        Ute Fan
        @nashvilleute05

I’ve never flown with them regionally in the west, but I’ll second the notion that flying with them nationally is asking for trouble. The last time we ever booked with Frontier they changed our flight time one or two weeks in advance so that we unexpectedly had an all night layover (with no offer for lodging) and the updated arrival time was after what we were traveling to attend that morning. Obviously we had to cancel the flight and had to book a new much more expensive flight. Haven’t ever considered them since.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I have what I call an “hour rule” with airlines. In other words, what is the maximum duration of a flight above which I will not fly that airline?

For example, Spirit is a 2-hour airline. If my flight(s) will be longer than 2 hours, I won’t fly Spirit.
      American is a 5-hour airline. I would fly them to the east coast, but no further.
      United, Delta are 10-hour airlines. I’ll fly them to Europe.
      Anything over 10 hours, I’m taking one of the 5-star airlines (Ethiad, Cathay, etc).

Frontier is a 2-hour airline. Meaning I will take it to Denver and that’s about it.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Frontier?