Fun article on the Nacua brothers and their sibling rivalry:

Viewing 2 reply threads

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Dumb question, but how did two brothers end up on two different high school teams?

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

Apparently in Utah you can choose which high school to attend? Not sure how that works though.

highlandute7
        Ute Fan
        @highlandute7

Open enrollment. Basically a preference. I know lots of kids that are siblings that go to different schools.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Not allowed here – partially because they don’t want athletic recruiting among schools.  Of course there are exceptions for various reasons. If two brothers chose to go to two different schools does that mean they really weren’t that close? Their parents were gluttons for punishment? At one time in my life my 5 siblings and I were going to 5 different schools (due to age and mix of public/private schools) — drove my parents crazy!

highlandute7
            Ute Fan
            @highlandute7

Not allowed where? Orem is the Alpine School District. Timpview is in the Provo School District. Both support open enrollment. You do have to apply. I live in SLC School District and see kids go all over. Back in the day not all districts had open enrollment but now days, I think it would he hard to find a school that doesn’t allow it.

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

Hearing some rumors from UDub boards that Puka rolled his ankle or broke his foot in practice… No Bueno. I was looking forward to seeing him play. 

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

Aw, that’s too bad.  Disappointing.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Fun article on the Nacua brothers and their sibling rivalry: