Viewing 4 reply threads

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

season

UteManX
      Ute Fan
      @utemanx

I can’t say with full confidence because who really knows but Gabe, but speaking to his cousin, they are convinced he will be here. As to Covey, that would be amazing if he stays another year, even if just for his leadership.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Utah doesn’t typically play an outside linebacker so it would appear the fit for him would be rush end. I’m not familiar with Reid so don’t know if he can step into Tafua’s spot. Didn’t notice Carlton against Oregon (injured?) so a one-year stopgap may be necessary for 2022.

Dante Guardi
        Ute Fan
        @danteg12

I think Mika stays tbh.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

It’ll depend on draft grade. With his measurables, I don’t see him going higher than Anae did so if he gets 3rd or 4th round, he should probably go. I don’t think he’d get much higher, even with a Nate Orchard type season.

The toughest thing to figure out for me with these guys is how many really want to use their extra year. As fans, we just think it is great to have them longer but we don’t know the factors they will use. At some point, if you aren’t going pro, when do you decide to move on with your life?

highlandute7
        Ute Fan
        @highlandute7

I was wondering about Carlton as well. He hasn’t played much, if at all since mid-season. He played a lot during first part of the scheudle and then disappeared. I don’t think he is injured but has been odd to not see him play at all recently.

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @utebiquitous

Xavier will be bulked up and moved to tackle.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Wow, this awesome news! And I think this means Covey would be coming back for his final year based on his earlier comments. Next year’s team is looking amazing!  

GunthersRevenge
      Ute Fan
      @eldonbkimball

GunthersRevenge
        Ute Fan
        @eldonbkimball

This will really help the special teams. Also brings a ton of leadership.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Gabe Reid in the portal – Can see him coming here and Covey staying for a 32nd